Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor 3.1 crashes on startup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunder Dump

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Kronos Editor 3.1 crashes on startup Reply with quote

I've got my Kronos2 73 (OS 3.1.2) connected via USB to my Windows 10 64-bit desktop PC. The install of the Korg drivers and the USB/MIDI drivers went fine, as did the install of the editor. I can see the Kronos in Device Manager and when I use either the 'Configure Korg Driver Setup Utility' or 'Configure KORG USB MIDI Driver' in the Korg startup folder, everything seems correct (no error messages). I've got Enable Exclusive active on the Kronos in the MIDI global tab. However, whenever I start the editor (version 3.1), I get the splash screen and I can see the empty editor screen behind the splash screen but that's as far as it goes. I then get a Windows dialog box that says MIDI Quest 11 / Pro / Essentials / UQ has stopped working and I have to close out.

Any ideas why it won't start or possible conflicts? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Korg drivers, the MIDI drivers and the editor, including unchecking the "uninstall Korg devices only" box on uninstall to remove any conflicting devices with no success.
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exact same error last night after a clean Windows 10 re-build and mine too was all working before. I tried various options to fix, in the end I did a right click on the Editor icon and selected the "troubleshoot compatibility" this suggested some settings that I accepted and it is now running in windows 8 compatibility mode, so give that a try to see if it helps.

I suspect one of the latest Windows updates has upset something so hopefully there will be a better fix later

Steve
dmil101

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: My Editor is now working as well Reply with quote

Thanks a million for the compatibility tip, I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get the editor working, and didn't even think of the compatibility setting.
All good now,
Thanks again
mikeyd

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been compatibility issues as well as OS issues with the editor. Did you download the driver as well? You can find it on the support pages.

Try searching the forums (use Google) and you might feel me some answers. I run 8.1 and it works but it can become unstable. This is one of those things yet to be resolved by KORG.

Let us know.
MrSteveVee

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Editor crashes Reply with quote

Yes latest drivers used. It was working before under Windows 10 so I suspect a later windows update has knocked it out of skew
Thunder Dump

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrSteveVee wrote:
I got the exact same error last night after a clean Windows 10 re-build and mine too was all working before. I tried various options to fix, in the end I did a right click on the Editor icon and selected the "troubleshoot compatibility" this suggested some settings that I accepted and it is now running in windows 8 compatibility mode, so give that a try to see if it helps.

I suspect one of the latest Windows updates has upset something so hopefully there will be a better fix later

Steve

Thanks for the tip--I will give that a try.

Matt
Thunder Dump

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! Steve was 100% correct.....this appears to be an incompatibility with the latest build of Windows 10 64-bit (and possibly 32-bit). I did as he suggested, selected the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" option from the right-click menu on the icon in Explorer, and let it do its thing. The first thing it tried was Windows 8 compatibility mode and that worked perfectly.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully others having this trouble will search and find this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: