Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer time signature issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elidavi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Sequencer time signature issue Reply with quote

I am a newbie and have a question. I am trying to change my time signature in sequence mode. I push write/record and change it to 6/8 or to any other for that matter and it only changes for one measure then goes to 4/4 please help
PatrickD

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Greg help this guy. Very Happy
CUBASE 11.5 Halion 6
afr

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sequencer time signature issue Reply with quote

Elidavi wrote:
I am a newbie and have a question. I am trying to change my time signature in sequence mode. I push write/record and change it to 6/8 or to any other for that matter and it only changes for one measure then goes to 4/4 please help

Select MASTER TRACK (#17)

Select TRACK EDIT

EVENT EDIT and starting the measure you want (eg. measure 10) CRAETE a TIME CHENGE bpm and Time signature 6/8

repeate the same procedure when you need to change it again at a new measure

Last edited by afr on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Elidavi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy
Elidavi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Very Happy
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also along the top of the screen where you have the tempo numbers, there is tempo mode setting. When you touch tempo mode cell, it will open to Auto ,Manual and REC. options. One or the other can be selected.
Your tempo mode setting will have an effect on what kind of tempo edits you can or cannot do in your song.

I know this info is not specific to your question but it is in the "time" edit per measure category and has potential to to get you stuck in a similar way if you don't know the tempo mode details. Basically, without the right tempo mode setting, if you go back to a recorded stretch of song and try to change the recorded tempo for a particular section of the song, it will not write into the mix or will end up changing tempo for the entire length of the song.

Here is an excerpt copied from the Parameter guide. Smile

" Tempo Mode [Auto, Manual, REC]
Auto: The tempo will follow the tempo of the Master Track. The tempo of the master track can be specified by using the MIDI Event Edit menu command, with the Master Track chosen in Track Select, or by the REC operation described below. When Auto is selected, it will not be possible to modify the “q (Tempo)” setting while a song is playing or recording (or during standby).
Manual: The “q (Tempo)” setting will be used.
REC: Tempo changes will be recorded on the Master Track.
q (Tempo) [040.00...300.00, EXT] This specifies the tempo of the song. This tempo applies to
song playback and KARMA, etc.
040.00...300.00: When the “Tempo Mode” is Manual, this tempo will be used for recording and playback. When “Tempo Mode” is REC, this tempo will be recorded on the master track.
EXT: This will appear when MIDI Clock (Global 1–1a) is set to either External MIDI or Auto. The tempo of the internal sequencer will synchronize with MIDI Clock messages received from an external sequencer or other MIDI device, between 40 and 240 BPM.
If MIDI Clock (Global 1–1a) is set to “Internal,” the above tempo setting (040.00–240.00) is used. If you’ve selected Auto, operation will automatically switch from Internal to External if MIDI Clock data is received from an external MIDI device connected to the MIDI IN connector, and this indication will appear.
Note: You can also adjust this by turning the TEMPO knob. Alternatively, you can set the tempo by pressing the TAP TEMPO switch at the desired interval.
Note: If Tempo is selected as an alternate modulation source, q = 120.00 will be the base value.
To record tempo changes
First, set Track Select to a MIDI Track.
Press the SEQUENCER REC/WRITE switch to enter
recording-standby mode, you will be able to select REC.
Set Tempo Mode to REC, start recording, and change the system tempo either by turning the TEMPO knob, or using numeric keys 0–9 to enter a value and then pressing the ENTER switch. You can also vary the tempo by pressing the TAP TEMPO switch at the desired timing.
This cannot be selected when the Preferences page item Recording Setup is set to Loop All Tracks.
When you change the “q (Tempo)” value while recording, the tempo changes will be recorded, causing the tempo to change as the song progresses.
You can’t record tempo changes during audio recording.
Tempo changes can also be created using the “MIDI Event Edit” or “Create Control Data” menu commands.
Note: If you wish to record only the tempo changes, set Recording Setup (0–5a) to Overdub, and the tempo will be recorded on the master track without being affected by the musical data of Track Select. "
Elidavi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: