Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barr63

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Software upgrade Reply with quote

Hello everyone, having issues when downloading the latest upgrade. 1) I download the update from the Korg website, it gets downloaded as a adobe reader X, 2) I format the SanDisk 32GB from the electribe, 3) I insert the SK into my computer, 4) I look for the SYSTEM VSB and I move this file to the Korg folder, which is located on the SD card 5) I then pull the SD out of my computer and I insert the card into the Electribe and I go to menu, data utility and software update, when I click ok, I get " ERROR no file". Any ideas anyone?

Tks
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you format the sd on the elextribe2/sampler
colulizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the correct file for the correct device?

On a previous upgrade I was trying to use the Synth package to upgrade the sampler, and saw a similar problem.
barr63

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did all that. Any ideas? anyone?
Telengard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you follow the instructions in the pdf that comes with the upgrade?

Did you put it under the system sub-directory?

Did you try another SD card? Sometimes certain cards just don't work with the electribe.

From the included pdf for ugrading the electribe (not sampler) version: (There are pictures of the screen in the pdf, not included here)

Updating the software

 Prepare a memory card that has been formatted by electribe.
 Insert the memory card into your card reader, and connect it to your computer.
 Extract electribe_xxxx.zip.
 Copy "SYSTEM.VSB" into the [System] folder under the [KORG][electribe] folder
on the memory card. (This might be a different location for the sampler version)
 Insert the memory card containing the new system file into your electribe, and turn
on the power.
 Select "SOFTWARE UPDATE" from the DATA UTILITY menu.
 Press Menu/Enter.Current version and new version will appear. Press Menu/Enter
button.
 A confirmation message will appear. Press Menu/Enter button to begin the update
operation.

Do not turn off electribe while update is in progress.

 electribe will display the following screen when update is complete.
 Long push the power button. electribe will now turn off. The system has been
updated
Kites

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what the latest software update even is? I'm on 1.10, but on Korg's Electribe support page, the old 1.03 update is the only one displayed.

I just read a Reddit post posted last week where the op has 1.18 loaded.

Pretty confused Confused
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the direct page for the latest OS for the Korg electribe (as of this post, 1.18 )
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/367/2578/

This is the page for the latest OS for the Korg electribe sampler (as of this post 1.15 )
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/368/2579/

Warning: Those pages will still be valid links even after a new version comes out.

Other OS updates listed on other pages might be previous versions. Always go to Korg.com, find the specific product, and look for the most recent update. It's generally announced under News at the bottom of the product page, and under the Software link.
Kites

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I suppose I could've visited after their site maintenance where Korg left out the current updates that particular night, or something.

Now I should think about updating or staying at 1.10 so I can do the sample hack for my Electribe. Yikes
Kites

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without digging through the forum about the perks and caveats of the several updates over the past few years, is the latest 2.02 update worth the update?

I'm still on 1.10 because I haven't been using the E2 and I thought about using the sampler OS instead, if people are even still braving it.

Please school me in or link me to whichever thread I can catch up on if you'd be so kind.

Thanks
Searching...
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kites wrote:
Without digging through the forum about the perks and caveats of the several updates over the past few years, is the latest 2.02 update worth the update?

I'm still on 1.10 because I haven't been using the E2 and I thought about using the sampler OS instead, if people are even still braving it.

Please school me in or link me to whichever thread I can catch up on if you'd be so kind.

Thanks
Searching...

Yes version 2.02 is worth it: http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/367/2578/

Added Pattern Chaining, undo, and a small icon appears [orig] when you change a knob from it's original value, so you can always go back if you mess a setting (or sound) up.

AFAIK, you have to sequentially upgrade from/to the next version, and can't simply go from 1.10 to 2.02. I was under the impression that you need to go from 1.10>1.17>1.18>1.19>2.02
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
oliotronix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Software upgrade Reply with quote

HAllo! Im here for the same reaason and glad to find someone saying that sd card may be an issue. Thats what i thought! Going to get another one to check it.

Though i must say the one i was using was working ok before and now it doesn't: apart from giving error on software update it doesn't recognize the sample files on the import.

Edit: ok, i got different sd card and it worked! Smile but now started upgrading the software and during upgrading from version 1.16 to 2.02 it says : error, invalid file.

I did all correct as it says on the website but stuck there.
Cade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Software upgrade Reply with quote

oliotronix wrote:
HAllo! Im here for the same reaason and glad to find someone saying that sd card may be an issue. Thats what i thought! Going to get another one to check it.

Though i must say the one i was using was working ok before and now it doesn't: apart from giving error on software update it doesn't recognize the sample files on the import.

Edit: ok, i got different sd card and it worked! Smile but now started upgrading the software and during upgrading from version 1.16 to 2.02 it says : error, invalid file.

I did all correct as it says on the website but stuck there.

Are you sure the card has been formatted by the Electribe?

Did you copy “SYSTEM.VSB” into the [System] folder under the [KORG][electribe] folder on the memory card?
Korg Electribe 2 Sampler, Keith McMillen Instruments K-Mix, Korg Volca Bass, Cyclone Analogic TT-303, Novation Ultranova, Roland System-1, Roland JP-08 Boutique, Roland SH-201, Focusrite Saffire PRO 14, Korg Gadget v3 on iPad Air, Reason 10 on ZenBook Pro
cake101

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the Sampler red version.
If I go to the Korg software page it shows version 1.16 and states if you have 1.15 or earlier download it and install.
So options for 1.15 and 1.14 were available to download.
As there are no instructions on what version to install first, I tried 1.14.
Now I get the error invalid file.
I formatted the disc using the Korg. And tried both 1.15 and 1.16.
On each occasion I formatted in the Korg beforehand.
Still the same outcome. Error - invalid file.

Now, I formatted the disc on my computer and I have formatted in the Korg.
So at the very least what version should I try to install first?
Cheers.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cake101 wrote:
Just bought the Sampler red version.
If I go to the Korg software page it shows version 1.16 and states if you have 1.15 or earlier download it and install.
So options for 1.15 and 1.14 were available to download.
As there are no instructions on what version to install first, I tried 1.14.
Now I get the error invalid file.
I formatted the disc using the Korg. And tried both 1.15 and 1.16.
On each occasion I formatted in the Korg beforehand.
Still the same outcome. Error - invalid file.

Now, I formatted the disc on my computer and I have formatted in the Korg.
So at the very least what version should I try to install first?
Cheers.

The latest version for the sampler is the 2.02 and the red version is sold already with version 2 installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: