Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert your grey Korg Electribe E2 to E2S OS Swap tutorial!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did the hack work
So good!
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Im not brave enough
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
I dont trust you
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

splooie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
^ People are going to be asking this question until the end of time. Thanks a lot, Korg.

The answer is: pretend your unit is an electribe sampler and read the electribe sampler manual.

I did that. I can get the samples on there(did it using audio in) but as soon as I power off and on, they're gone. tried using "write" also, but that was no good.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 16.
splooie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Page 16.

So it will never be saved on the device? Will I always need to reimport or will the device know to grab it from the card on its own? Seems a bit ridiculous to have to reimport every time.
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the electribe starts up, it looks for an allsample file on the card. It loads whatever's in this file. To create the file, you have to write all samples to the card.

The card acts like a hard drive, the internal memory acts like RAM.

Yes, it's stupid.
splooie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
When the electribe starts up, it looks for an allsample file on the card. It loads whatever's in this file. To create the file, you have to write all samples to the card.

The card acts like a hard drive, the internal memory acts like RAM.

Yes, it's stupid.

That's very helpful, thank you for that.
Puoro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Convert your grey Korg Electribe E2 to E2S OS Swap tutor Reply with quote

Fellow seekers,

unfortunately did not work for me. Did all the edits on hexedit (4 numbers to make them look same) and uploaded the system file on to SD. It confirmed the file and the update to Sampler ran smoothly. However, now whenever I turn on the device it asks for system update (dont have any other menu options; ONLY SYSTEM UPDATE).

Tried to change system files to other version and etc, but brings me to invalid file screen. With the original hex edited file it just updates and thats it....

Is there any solution to this matter?

Could anyone help or suggest what to do to hack to sampler from this stage or at least bring it to normal E2.

Thank you in advance & Peace
lesboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Convert your grey Korg Electribe E2 to E2S OS Swap tuto Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I'm curious, has anyone tried turning the e2 blue into a sampler?
I'm afraid korg could've patched this hack in the new OS updates so I haven't tried it yet.
piscue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the newest models (blue and red), came with 2.0 software that "seems" to not allow to swap the firmwares...
wxyz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you tell which version of OS the electribe has?
piscue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try to update the firmware, just before the upgrade, it tell you the current firmware version
blazzr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Hacking the v2.02 Electribe 2 synth! Reply with quote

You can still downgrade Electribe synth from v2.02 to Victor's modified "1.18" file !

Hex edit the modified "1.18" firmware file, and change location A 20 from 0112 (hex for 1.18) to number bigger than 0202 (v2.02). I entered 0209, and was able to downgrade to modified "1.18" file and then apply the E2 -> E2S hack!
I used his hacked v1.06 E2S.

If somebody is very brave, they can try to update to a higher (v2+) Sampler firmware - it may brick the Electribe...

And remember:
- once you hack, the Electribe only accepts firmware for it's new, hacked type (hacked E2 accepts only firmware for E2S), in correct folder (see next point)
- sampler (or E2 hacked to E2S) looks for the firmware file in ?:\electribe sampler\System folder on your SD card, not in ?:\KORG\electribe\System
piscue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Blaz, just seen your comments also on my blog. This is a really good news for any users that get the newest colored models, it will allow them to downgrade and try the sampler version on their machines.

If I see interest, I'll create the files and create a new tutorial just for the people that is on 2.02.
Kcearl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hacking the v2.02 Electribe 2 synth! Reply with quote

blazzr wrote:
You can still downgrade Electribe synth from v2.02 to Victor's modified "1.18" file !

Hex edit the modified "1.18" firmware file, and change location A 20 from 0112 (hex for 1.1Cool to number bigger than 0202 (v2.02). I entered 0209, and was able to downgrade to modified "1.18" file and then apply the E2 -> E2S hack!
I used his hacked v1.06 E2S.

If somebody is very brave, they can try to update to a higher (v2+) Sampler firmware - it may brick the Electribe...

And remember:
- once you hack, the Electribe only accepts firmware for it's new, hacked type (hacked E2 accepts only firmware for E2S), in correct folder (see next point)
- sampler (or E2 hacked to E2S) looks for the firmware file in ?:\electribe sampler\System folder on your SD card, not in ?:\KORG\electribe\System

I dont suppose you have a copy of the edited file for 2.02? all the free hex editors I can find wont run on my MAC
Kcearl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it....just need to find my old hack files now Sad
Kcearl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok had some real fun on it last night...dunno why I dumped the hack in the first place.

Only thing is my old sample.all files dont work on it. And making new ones didnt either.

I use the same editor I used too yet it just gets an error loading...though for some reason Dusty Gems vol 1-3 work fine...bizarre

Anyone any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: