Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Song Organization on SD Card for playing live

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwinterstine

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Krome Song Organization on SD Card for playing live Reply with quote

How do Krome owners keep their songs organized on the SD Card? What is the best way to do this if I intend to use the Krome live? There doesn't seem to be a good way to organize "set lists" for example.

It appears that I can organize the SD card by file name and use my MAC so long as I only have 1 song per file (only load one song at a time to the sequencer).

Am I missing something?
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce,

I'm having difficulty understanding the question (because I'm dopey).

Are you asking how to load multiple sequences onto your Krome simultaneously from one SD card?

Or are you asking is it possible to re-order your sequences on the SD card after you've already assigned user slots to them?

I can tell you the Krome doesn't have a "set list" function like the Kronos, but you can keep things organised - it's just a bit more time consuming.

Cheers!
bwinterstine

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm asking the second question. It seems to me that if I keep the songs in one .sng file, it is almost impossible to organize them. Should I keep my .sng files as one song per file on the SD card?
CowboyNQ

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not impossible, it just takes a bit (a lot?) of extra work.

As I said above, the Krome doesn't have a "Set List" feature like the Kronos, so you haven't missed anything as such.

However you can manipulate the order your sequences appear on the menu simply by choosing which user slots you save them in. Obviously it takes time, patience and probably multiple SD cards to re-order them, but if this is something you have the passion to do, it can be done.

Probably a case of ROI. If it stacks up or not is entirely up to you. I don't bother myself - I just name everything clearly and have the menu open so I can switch between SEQ/PROG/COMBI with a couple of flicks of the touch screen when playing live.
bwinterstine

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll just try to keep them in a single song file for now but keep multiple versions of the file just in case a mistake is made.

Keeping the songs arranged in any logical order will be very hard though and probably not worth the effort.

I'm thinking that a large song file to store master copies and then smaller song files with "sets" will work just fine.
lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play live but in this situation I would save in SD Card, PCG files of Bank F or Bank D that represents every song.

For instance a PCG file named: BOHEMIANRHAPSODY.PCG that will load the Bank F with my programs necessary to play the song in a proper index: F001: Piano, F002: Strings etc.

This is the simplest way, obviously you can use the sequencer to save songs itself and the index of the sequence would be assigned to the tracks, but is the same idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: