Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Make your korg sound like a Roland VP-330"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VP boutique actually looks quite nice, seems like a great opportunity for Roland to move in on territory Korg hasn't Volca'd yet. Between that and the JD-Xi they've got some great vocal processing gear these days!

Still I love the R3's engine...you can do things you'd never dream of on the Rolands, even though its fizzy timbre is pretty specific.

VP-330 is a funny beast with its selection of sounds, more like a preset machine from the 70's with its combination. The sound reminds me of flanging/chorus with its motion but you might also try VPM on Osc1, then assigning an LFO to the Osc1 Edit parameter in the Virtual Patching section. Maybe LFO on Osc2 Detune with different osc mod types, or even just set the right speed/depth for vibrato. It doesn't sound tonally beyond the scope of the R3, and you could probably do a bi-timbral patch to have 2 of the timbres sound at once. I guess for people who mostly excel at keys it's handy to have the dedicated controls, but I always prefer a device with a wide-open engine to delve into than a machine as fixed as the VP series...that's just me though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: