Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transposing Pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim.condon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Transposing Pads Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a way to transpose transmitted midi notes before they're interpreted by the Kronos? This seems like something Karma might do, but if so, I haven't figured it out yet.

My goal is to use my organ-style pedal board to play chords via the pads system. This is easy for a single key - for example, I set up all pads to trigger via midi channel 2, use global settings to specify pad 1 is triggered by C-0, pad 2 by D-0, pad 3 by E-0 etc., then configure the pads to play a C-chord, a Dm chord, a C/E chord, etc respectively.

It requires some gymnastics to transpose between keys, however. First, I transpose the timbre(s) triggered by the pad on the Kronos by the normal value, and then transpose my pedalboard in the opposite direction - for example, to transpose to D, I set the timbre transpose to +2, and my pedalboard's transpose to -2. I then play a D, which transmits a C, which the Kronos interprets to play pad 1, triggering a C chord on a transposed timbre resulting in a D chord.

While this mostly works, it's error prone (particularly in live play), so I'm looking for better workflows. Transposing incoming midi notes before the Kronos interprets them seems most viable since it'd at least keep the transposes in sync, but I'd love to hear any other suggestions, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: