Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking a replacement sampler for my KP3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EssexStadir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Seeking a replacement sampler for my KP3 Reply with quote

Recently, I discovered that my KP3's touchpad has stopped working.
I've watched several videos and read several posts about potential fixes. I haven't been successful so far. I really don't use the effects side of the KP3 very much. What I really like is the use of the sampler.
I like to play live and use the sampling function with synths.
I generally plug a synth into it and sample while playing along to drum machines. I enjoy making tracks on the fly. I like the ability of the KP3 to decrease volume for the individual samples while playing live.

Since the touchpad doesn't work I can no longer do that. I can still record samples but I can't use the touchpad to live edit the samples that are playing.

I don't know much about the ES2. I know it has good reviews but I can't tell if I'd be able to use this device for creating samples live and on the fly flawlessly without affecting live playback.

I do not care about the onboard drums/synths of the device. I have other hardware for that. I want to be able to play a synth live and sample it so that it loops and continues playback. Am I over-explaining this?

I'd love some recommendations. I'm seriously looking at the ES2 but I need to know if it's simple and intuitive enough to use live for looping samples.
Maybe there are other devices that are better for this?

Thanks in advance,
NB
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't over explain ,you gave just the right info.
I wouldnt recommend the Electrbe 2 for this, check out the RC 505 .
I've not used one but they seem nice for what you ask.
Other samplers that I like..
OP-1.
Octatrack
Digitakt.
All pricey and don't cater for your needs in such a simple way like the RC505 loopstation.
EssexStadir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. The RC-505 looks pretty sweet and might actually suit me very well. Even the RC-202 might work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: