Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For All Prospective Krome Owners...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: For All Prospective Krome Owners... Reply with quote

Firstly...I'd like to preface this discussion...by stating that I've been a fan of Korg for 30 years and have owned various Korgs over that time span and before the new millennium cam about,Korgs were always rock solid,reliable instruments.
I first encountered tech issues,beginning with the M3...wherein the OS was painfully slow and I experienced an OS crash.
Since then...I seriously considered a Kronos,but due to all of the tech issues(as it were)...with the key-bed,cooling fan & such...I never pulled the trigger on one.
In recent years,I had become seriously involved with software workstations & VST's....& I felt that hardware was a bit obsolete(at least for my wants/needs.)
I really missed my old hardware,so after many years of contemplation,I felt comfortable giving the Krome a go and once the Platinum edition was released,I could not resist having one.
I did not have my first Krome for even a week,before I got that dreaded System Error 216...sent that back,ordered another and then two weeks later,I get that dreaded; "Read A System From SD Card And Run The System Application Failed."
All this said,that for anyone who is considering a Krome...well...don't,because these problems have been ongoing for 5 years now and Korg has no intention of doing a recall on these defect issues.
So....my advice to you,is to completely dismiss the notion of buying a Krome and s-a-v-e y-o-u-r m-o-n-e-y and buy a Kronos instead.
The Kronos is Korg's bread and butter,so at least you can be assured that Korg will at least support their Kronos customers,as if Korg did not,they would be slitting their throats and would consequently run their business into the ground.
Please note though,the Kronos displays have been known to crap out after only a few years,so perhaps you might want to consider another hardware brand...or just stick with computer software and a simple midi controller.
csykex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Korg Krome Reply with quote

The mainboard that came with the 88 key Krome piano right out of the box failed after 7 months. the replacement board that was provided during warranty failed after 2 months. The 3rd board that the Service Center received failed upon arrival. We are now on board 4 and I have been going on nearly 3 months without the use of the keyboard, because it's been in the service center waiting on parts.

If this fourth board fails upon arrival, I'm going to do my best to invoke a consumer investigation by the Attorney General's office under the Texas Consumer protection act. It wasn't long ago that State Farm got banned from business in Texas, and Korg can be too. The now Governor of Texas was the Attorney General when he through State Farm out for consumer deception or premium / claim issues.

So, Korg, welcome to Texas. The Krome is a horrible design, and you have horrible customer service. I don't know who is running the company but they're running it into the ground.

And, as far as this forum goes, someone recommended someone trade up for a Kronos. What a piss poor piece of advice. NO one should have to pay out to upgrade when they over paid for something that would not last to begin with, especially for a higher priced piece of crap made by the same inept people.

Their customer service is pathetic, only surpassed by the VA, and that doesn't say much. I'm glad they record all the calls because i won two lawsuits in the past using the company's recordings they thought would protect them, instead it bit them in the ****, so will Korg's if it comes to that, at least the conversation they had with me.

I hope they spent the money i paid out damn slow because there won't be any more. Korg, i hope your lawyers are better than your Krome pianos because you're gonna need one.

Chuck Sykes, Dallas, TX
csykex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Korg Krome Reply with quote

The mainboard that came with the 88 key Krome piano right out of the box failed after 7 months. the replacement board that was provided during warranty failed after 2 months. The 3rd board that the Service Center received failed upon arrival. We are now on board 4 and I have been going on nearly 3 months without the use of the keyboard, because it's been in the service center waiting on parts.

If this fourth board fails upon arrival, I'm going to do my best to invoke a consumer investigation by the Attorney General's office under the Texas Consumer protection act. It wasn't long ago that State Farm got banned from business in Texas, and Korg can be too. The now Governor of Texas was the Attorney General when he through State Farm out for consumer deception or premium / claim issues.

So, Korg, welcome to Texas. The Krome is a horrible design, and you have horrible customer service. I don't know who is running the company but they're running it into the ground.

And, as far as this forum goes, someone recommended someone trade up for a Kronos. What a piss poor piece of advice. NO one should have to pay out to upgrade when they over paid for something that would not last to begin with, especially for a higher priced piece of crap made by the same inept people.

Their customer service is pathetic, only surpassed by the VA, and that doesn't say much. I'm glad they record all the calls because i won two lawsuits in the past using the company's recordings they thought would protect them, instead it bit them in the ****, so will Korg's if it comes to that, at least the conversation they had with me.

I hope they spent the money i paid out damn slow because there won't be any more. Korg, i hope your lawyers are better than your Krome pianos because you're gonna need one.

Chuck Sykes, Dallas, TX
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll assume that highlandstudio91 and cyskex are accurately documenting all the trouble they've had with recent Korg workstations...but many other owners have a far more positive experience: I have an M3-88, a Krome 73, and three original Kronos (one of each flavor) and the only real problem I've seen was the key bounce on the 88's RH3 keybed, which was solved by updating to the newer key contacts - yeah, it was a pain to deal with, and took awhile to sort out, but since then (going on three years now) the K88 has been perfect too...so for me, all of these instruments do exactly what they are advertised to do, and sound fabulous...

I'd like to think that my experience with these Korg products is more typical...if the kinds of problems described above were the norm, these Korg workstations would long ago have been discontinued, name musicians wouldn't use them, they wouldn't have any resale value, Korg would probably be out of business, etc., etc...REF: the Alesis Fusion synth...

df
csykex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome Issue Reply with quote

the "Authorized Service Center" for Korg has the documentation. I wouldn't post something out of frustration.

What i have said is true and has a papertrail. I should have kept the Korg M50, i had it four years but when i played the krome at Sam Ash Music i fell in love with it.

I've been playing since i was four, I have had many keyboards, as well. this one is a lemon. If you had 3 mainboards in a row that defected, what would you think?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be a problem with one of the other boards that is causing the mainboard to fail. It could just be bad luck with the diagnosis.

lucasmdoc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a lot of reclamations and issues with people who buy Krome recently, like, the last product line came badly manufactured and full of problems (boot errors, songs cutting/low volume, pedal problems). I bought mine in 2014, hope I don't face these issues. Don't you guys have local authorized stores of Korg near your cities? Maybe it will be a good idea take the keyboard to one of those instead of face hotlines.

If I would have to say something that seems wrong in my Krome is that SW1 and SW2 functions never work in sequencer mode if I don't press it and press again at least one time, really weird and annoying...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: