Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A problem has been detected
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukas.vidrna@seznam.cz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: A problem has been detected Reply with quote

Hello, I have problem with my Kronos X73.
4 months ago I had a problem: When I was starting up Kronos, on the display I saw: "A problem has been detected. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for a 10 sec, and then turn it back on." Then I had a problem with starting of Kronos- maybe 1 out of 5 attempts led to succesfull starting Kronos.

I had an old OS 2.0 and after advice of Service a new was installed (OS 3.1.2.). After this reinstalling OS a problem was solved. But only for a short time. The last weekend during the concerts - Kronos was turned off itself and I saw a notice: A problem has been detected. Please turn the Kronos off, wait for a 10 sec, and then turn it back on" again. It was during a concert, it was very complicated for me...

Please, can you give me an advice?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen this message several times.
Once I noticed that this message and black screen was probably related to some vibration me or someone caused at/near Kronos.
I opened Kronos (bottom lid), checked/touched all visible cables/connections, reseated two memory chips and did not see message for long time again.

Few times I have seen this message and seemingly it was related to some power surges or fluctuations. Adding UPS and surge protector and grounding properly my gear hopefully reduces that risk.

At home studio this black screen message is just annoying, but also have had couple embarrassing moments on stage. I usually have two keyboard rig (Kronos and some other) on stage and can handle that.
I think that Big Artists have spare Kronoses with them on stage Smile
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not normal. Your Kronos has an intermittent problem which I believe should be looked at by an Authorized Service Center.

I moved my K1 and now my K2 around a lot with over a 100 gigs and rehearsals a year and it has been rock solid and never let me down.
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to tell, that my Kronos was out of warranty and Korg is not wery well represented in this part of the world Smile
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to me few days back when plugging / unplugging some usb
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same issue I had almost 2 years ago. I noticed that you have the newest OS, that's great! My error message went away after installing the latest FIRMWARE. Just to be clear, firmware and OS are not the same. Get your K tech to check to see if your firmware needs an update.
navydave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As alland suggested, re-seat the ram is the first thing you should try. Sometimes they (ram chips) work themselves lose enough to loose connection intermittently. Also, temp changes, etc might cause it. Or there may be a slight bit of oxidation on the contacts. Re-seating the ram usually clears it up. If after that, it continues to happen, could be other issues. Maybe power related, possibly power supply. A battery backup with AVR (automatic voltage regulation) is recommended if the power is not the best in your area.
oliv73

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got this message too

Have you got any new ideas about possible reasons of this problem ?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliv73 wrote:
Have you got any new ideas about possible reasons of this problem ?

Haven't seen new useful ideas concerning this problem, but old ideas have been working so far. Those black screen errors are somewhat analogous to infamous "windows blue screen of death" (even when Kronos is a computer that runs on Linux). Provided that you have latest OS/Firmware on your Kronos and black screen errors happen accidentally (not systematically/after repeatable patterns) most probable reason is some small physical contact issue in or between components. Most likely on motherboard RAM seating as many have observed. Well, it traces back to the reason of poor component or build quality but there is very little one can do once you have Kronos out oF warranty or even under warranty when this black screen just happens when it happens.
oliv73

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

As you know the main problem is the reboot time of kronos.
(We need a backup keyboard for a keyboards that cost a lot of $$$$ as Kronos !)

I have a Kronos 2.
I don't even understand what are the last system/firmware available.
(is it compatible with Gold kronos ? )

Oliver
oliv73

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have currently system 3.1.2 but don't know where to find infos about current firmware installed on my kronos
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliv73 wrote:
I have currently system 3.1.2 but don't know where to find infos about current firmware installed on my kronos

Kronos 2 Subsystem Firmware updater with update instruction (that is different from OS updating) is on Korg webpage
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/424/2536/
Updater itself should find out if Kronos needs updating or not.
oliv73

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I was running the last firmware version si I updated my kronos
Hope it will help to avoid such problems
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only issues observed here with Kronos, over several years of sterling service, were when two MIDI controllers were connected at the same time to the Kronos' USB-A ports, resulting in hung notes and unresponsiveness to the keyboard, and cured by disconnecting the USB devices and rebooting.

On the Kronos and Kronos X, if the Kronos sound engine icons are shown on screen during boot up, then the latest subsystem firmware is installed although the Kronos 2 may be different. If the boot up screen is relatively blank, apart from the progress bar, then an older version of firmware is installed.

oliv73

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case no midi controllers were connected to USB interfaces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: