Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Walking Bass Jazz Style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnmak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Walking Bass Jazz Style Reply with quote

Dear Forummers.
I continue battling with my new pa4x and making progress slowly.
I'm loving the 76 keys so I can play the piano songs my daughters teacher is giving us. But now I'm trying to make more use of the arranger side of it.

One of the songs I have been learning is Fly Me To The Moon in 4/4 time and in simple jazz style. I've been trying all the styles but can't find one with a nice walking bass and drums .... (and maybe a guitar) in a jazz trio/quartet style. Can anyone advise me if such a style exists please as this is something I would use a lot.

This is my first "arranger" so I may well be missing something that is so simple and obvious to experienced users.

Kind regards,
Johnmak

PS The keyboard is absolutely amazing and probably about 100 light years ahead of anything someone of my skill level should own but I have to say it brings a smile to my face overtime I turn it on and I love it. I feel like a 73 year old teenager.

I tried to get away with just headphones but I have a friend brining me the paAS speaker/amp system from Singapore on Sunday.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a style, Jazz Club, that was on the 3x but not the 4x.
Here is what it sounds like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydmXNNkrdw
Johnmak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Hey Don..... that is a great clip. Love your playing and your singing style. So relaxed and un-forced. I like it.
Yup that is the walking bass style I'm looking for. I will give it a shot in the morning. Your rendition is more swinging than I'm trying for but I think it will work for me.

Don I saw two tall column speakers behind you in the video clip. Are they what your are using for your keyboard?

Cheers,
John
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Those were two Bose Compact speakers. I have since replaced them with two LD Systems Maui 5 speakers. I loved the Boses, but like the Maui 5's even better.
I use a very small mixer and run the keyboard through it, along with a laptop for MP3s which I usually play when I take breaks. Plus I have a couple of spare channels for any guests I might have on stage. Everything is stereo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: