Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 Program Change from Set List Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MamboKeys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Kronos 2 Program Change from Set List Mode Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've owned my Kronos 2 73 for a few months now, and I need a little guidance to fix (or work around) an issue I'm encountering.

My live rig is my Kronos and a Hammond XK clonewheel. When I select a slot in my set list, it transmits a program change to the XK (which is what I want). In addition, however, it also seems to be transmitting a CC change that adjusts one of the XK's drawbars, which I don't want.

It's easy enough to move the drawbar back to the intended position after the program change, but it seems like on a board as smart as the Kronos, there has to be a way to stop this weirdness from happening.

Thanks in advance!
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a modified program and the original is still on there? I'm just thinking if you've saved it as a 'copy'? The only other suggestion is change the XK program so that the drawbar 'movement' puts it where you actually want it to be after the program change - assuming it's moving it the same way each time - odd one though. Confused
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Global Mode > MIDI, you can try turning off the Enable Control Change checkbox, I think that will disable the Kronos from sending and receiving CCs (all) - though that may not be what you want. That's kind of a "gross" fix that may cause other problems, if you play the XK from the Kronos or vice versa.

A better fix would be to see what CCs the XK's drawbars are set to receive on, and see if you can modify that in the XK. There must be a setting in there for that (hopefully).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: