Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to save just some programs from a pcg/ksc set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmtg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: How to save just some programs from a pcg/ksc set Reply with quote

Hi, been trying to figure this out for a while, so finally just going to ask.

I have a downloaded file set that has a PCG file, a KSC file, and a UserBank.KSC file. I put them on a USB, load them, sound great. Unfortunately the complete set of sounds is too big to append, so I can't have them in there without wiping the other KSC including preload.

At any rate, I just want 1 or 2 of the prog and their associated samples either merged into a new KSC, or made into a new (smaller) one. Can't seem to figure out how to get that to actually happen.

I've browsed a few old topics but hit a wall when trying to get this to work. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a watch through this as you don't specify exactly what's going wrong - hope it helps.

It's a tutorial by Qui Robinez - in fact if this video doesn't help I'm sure a PM to him with your specific issue will be answered in full detail.

http://youtu.be/Y-QtAyf98nQ
bmtg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that was helpful in its own way, but i still can't figure out my specific issue. Maybe another way to put it is this:

I have a KSC file I can't append to my existing setup because it is too big. Is there a way to just load a few of the samples from it, the ones needed for a certain program?

What I tried:
When I dig into the KSC and try to load just the samples relevant to the program, they appear to load, but the program doesn't see them and I can't seem to find them in the OSC1 basic page to relink them.

Cheers
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to take out sample from an ksc file into you own to use that.

You can reference samples from other KSC files as long as they are on your kronos HDD.

You save the KSC telling it to save references and links.
second option or third option.
That way you can build your custom KSC with references to other KSC and only load what is required.

for example:

I would first load the program without the KSC and would let the program complain about missing samples, then I would tell the program to load missing samples but not the entire bank. Once all programs that i want are loaded with samples I would save the sampling data using the option 2.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
bmtg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, load missing samples was the trick I was missing!

Cheers
Guttalaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
I would first load the program without the KSC and would let the program complain about missing samples, then I would tell the program to load missing samples but not the entire bank. Once all programs that i want are loaded with samples I would save the sampling data using the option 2.

Resume this 3d coz i'm in the same road.
Yes... the "load missing samples" is one way (better: actually the ONLY way) to build a "custom" PCG and KSC (and referenced samples) picking patches from the internal and the expansion installed on the Kronos.

But say you need to build a BIG bank of sounds for a tour or a gig or a musical project... and you need sounds from A LOT of libraries you have installed (i.e.: take a look to my firm!)... well... the "load missing samples" is a PITA!!!

I think there is a big hole in the Kronos eco-system and is the lack of an editor-librarian (on board or via a pc/mac software) that - IN THE MOST EASY WAY - let you select single patches from ALL the PCGs you have installed in your Kronos and then do the dirty work of build a new PCG and KSC files that will load ONLY the necessary samples (AND a memory counter while you pick the patches would be apreciated too!!!).

PCG Tools is a GREAT tool... but is aimed only to the factory internal sounds.

To me is CRAZY that Korg sell tons of (pricy!!!) libraries... but you can't have an easy tool to "mix" in a new PCG/KSC file with only the sounds you need to be loaded!
Libraries: EXS102; Exs108; EXS109; EXS091; EXS019; EXS024; EXS049; EXS097; EXS116; EXS122; EXS131; EXS132; EXS133; EXS134; EXS135; EXS138; EXS139; EXS220; KRS071; KRS077; EXS056; EXS063; KRS059; Exs010; Exs011; Exs012; EXS014; EXS016; EXS017; EXS018; KRS01; KRS02; KRS03; KRS04; KRS05; KRS06; KRS06B; KRS07; EXS085; Exs086; KRS085; EXS040; EXS041; EXS042; EXS151; EXS155; EXS191; EXS193; EXS194; EXS067; EXS150; EXS222; EXS223; EXS224; EXS225; EXS226; The Endless Floyd Anthology Rev.B; PF Cover Pack MkII; One Vision Cover Pack; 80s Cover Pack; ToTo Cover Pack; Complete Cover Collection V2; JD8 Project Rev.2; DX Synth Pack.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: