Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma Kronos - Sierra

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Karma Kronos - Sierra Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I haven't run Karma Kronos on my mac since updating to Sierra, now I am trying to and having some problems.

When I try to start it I get a message "Required software extensions are missing", this then directs me to the Pace website to install "iLok legacy software", I have the option for 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6.

I use iLok all the time and am a bit loathed to install any of these version in case it messes everything else up.

Has anyone else been in this situation and have any idea of what I should do?

Thanks

Andy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Karma Kronos - Sierra Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Hi Guys,

I haven't run Karma Kronos on my mac since updating to Sierra, now I am trying to and having some problems.

When I try to start it I get a message "Required software extensions are missing", this then directs me to the Pace website to install "iLok legacy software", I have the option for 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6.

I use iLok all the time and am a bit loathed to install any of these version in case it messes everything else up.

Thanks

Andy

I don't know if Karma and your messages has anything to do with the following issue,

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=109678&start=15&sid=47c7fccafb500ab07a215568f8c181c0

take a read at what Dan/Korg says:

"Apparently, in Sierra, Apple deprecated the sync method we use. Our developers are now testing a Kronos firmware change to use the new method. I can't make any official promises about when (or even if) this will be released, but hopefully it will be soon! In the meantime, I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Google for more
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Karma Kronos - Sierra Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Hi Guys,

A better place to ask about this would of course be the karma-lab forums, or karma-lab support. Smile

But in any case. This simply means that your update removed or overwrote the PACE Interlok extensions that were originally installed with our software. KARMA software uses the older PACE method of copy pro (challenge/response) rather than an iLOK dongle/key. Unfortunately, that Pace message isn't going to take you where it's easy to get the older drivers to fix the problem. However, you can download them here:

http://karma-lab.com/Files/pace/InterLokExtensions.pkg.zip

Unzip and run the installer. I don't think it will interfere with your current installation on iLok. You will need to authorize the KK program which can be done at:
http://www.karma-lab.com/register/kk

BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the replies.

I have installed the PACE stuff and now the software starts ok.

Now I just need to remember how to use it Smile

All the best

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: