Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Becoming a Master Triton Sound designer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valhalla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Thanks everyone for the posts! Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for posting here. Every little bit helps... I have been reading that SOS 100 + part series on Synth Secrets and I also am auditing a course on creating synth sounds at Berklee. So far it's not quite what I was expecting because they are not really getting into actual synth programming very much. I also found this link:

http://www.progsounds.com/blog/monster-lead

This was a great sound/patch but in following the script to create the sound it did not sound like the mp3 of it they had on the site. I guess it can take a long time to become good at this. The one guy that did or does it for Korg was at it for 18 years.

I would really like to get some help in creating the synth part in Edgar Winter's Frankenstein. Especially that first part in the song with the slow descending pitch envelope. I think that would be a great patch to work on and to get down. I'm sure I would learn a lot in doing it. If there is anyone out there that has done this or knows how, it would be so great if you would give me a hand with this.... Smile

I'm still trying to find some kind of site where they have you try things and have hundreds of examples. I wish we could get something together to form a Korg Triton series sound design ongoing workshop, tutorial or class.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hear any descending sound in that song. I listened till the synth solo took off. Usually when you think analytically about a sound (what's happening to the pitch, what kind of attack does it have, is there vibrato, what's the general timbre etc) you can get close. Each synth has its own character though so it may not always be possible to get an actual identical copy.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some variable portamento going on in the Frankinstein song, with the pitch sliding both ways. Not sure if this is what Valhalla meant.

Mellontikos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There's some variable portamento going on in the Frankinstein song, with the pitch sliding both ways. Not sure if this is what Valhalla meant.

I think so, could be pitch bend, but it's too perfect for it to be a "live" pitch bend slide.

Triton absolutely sucks for portamento, but you could get a similar sound to that. The sound is a triangle waveform, with no fx but eq'd/compressed?

Quote:
I wish we could get something together to form a Korg Triton series sound design ongoing workshop, tutorial or class.

Your post made me think whether it was worth posting videos on youtube on tutorials on how to do this stuff.

I'd be pretty bad with FM for one, that's a really hard synthesis to program for.

I usually just take presets (in my Reason Refills, or Korg patches) and modify as needed.

I don't really care much for analog sounds though. What I love best is FM style EP's (ironic that I should know how to program the synthesis of the sounds I love the most, lol).

Anyway, making tutorials, especially in video format would be a daunting task. Not sure if it's worth it, considering there's a gazillion patches for all synths capable of loading them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: