Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupt piano file?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peabody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Corrupt piano file? Reply with quote

Hi to all....

I have been tempted to purchase a new keyboard due to some sound issues which have developed with my krome. I believe the errant sounds are associated with the piano sounds as they are not evident with the other sounds.

The sounds I am hearing are cracking and popping sounds usually when pressing the damper while playing a piano sound. (Sounds almost like something electrical is loose though I have checked inside and out)

I have tried replacing the internal memory card and the damper pedal to no avail. I am wondering if the piano files have become corrupted over time. Is this a possibility? Should I reload them? If so, how would I go about that?

Thanks ahead of time.
Peabody
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some posters have said the problem is a bad motherboard while others found that the internal microdisk installed by the factory wasn't fast enough to properly make the piano sounds with the damper pedal being used. If you bought the Krome when they first came out, Korg used a class 4 microdisk when it really needed a class 10 microdisk. On the first page of the Korg Krome forum, check the thread, Krome-Sound Problem. There is a lot of discussion in that thread about your exact problem. By the way, if you replaced the internal microdisk, Did you use the Sandisk 8 gb, class 10, 70 mbs microdisk?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: