Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Triton Taktile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boojiboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Triton Taktile Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to establish how the Triton sounds and channeled when the midi controller is hooked up to Logic Pro X.

My Macbook and Logic is hooked up to my digital desk via a USB.

I take it that the midi controller facility plays the Logic soft synths on the relevant midi channel.

Do the Triton sounds pass through a Logic midi channel/
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIDI is just data e.g. which note to play and its velocity, or control change messages, or sysex data, and will trigger Logic sounds. Audio does not pass across a MIDI link.

To get the Triton's sounds into Logic Pro, the Triton's audio outs will need to be routed to the audio in of a suitable soundcard type interface, or alternatively fed to an audio mixer.

Boojiboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I know all about midi and audio. Audio passes between USB, which is why I asked about the actual patches produced via the Triton Taktile.

I've read that the only way to process the actual sounds in the Triton Taktile is via the 1/8th stereo output.

I just wondered if the sounds (in the Triton Taktile) could be processed through Logic via the USB, or do they have to go through the 1/8th stereo output.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boojiboy"]Hi

I know all about midi and audio. Audio passes between USB, which is why I asked about the actual patches produced via the Triton Taktile.

I've read that the only way to process the actual sounds in the Triton Taktile is via the 1/8th stereo output.

I just wondered if the sounds (in the Triton Taktile) could be processed through Logic via the USB, or do they have to go through the 1/8th stereo output.[/quote]

But the last line of the first posting went thus:

"Do the Triton sounds pass through a Logic midi channel/"

Hence my answer.
Boojiboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I meant a Logic channel strip. My mistake.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Trying to help was the intention.

Looking at the manuals and parameter guide, it doesn't appear to be the case that audio "data" can be passed via the USB cable from the Triton Taktile to Logic.

redington

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also recently acquired a Triton Taktile. I am using Logic Pro 9. I understand how to control Logic. I understand how to play the internal sounds live. What I can't figure out is how to have Logic trigger the sounds on the Triton Taktile. I have tried setting up an external instrument track, with the Taktile as the midi destination and the inputs set to where I have routed the output from the Taktile. I have tried just controlling it as an external midi destination. In both instances I have tried using all midi channels and midi channel 1, but the only way I can actually hear the sounds is when I play on the keyboard.

Anybody have any ideas?
redington

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't fixed this issue. It seems that the problem is with the Logic Native mode. I think you have to uninstall the logic/gb plugin in order to load up other scenes and perhaps to be able to use the built in sounds. I think from there you have to remap everything. That's gonna be a pain, but it may be the only way. Has anyone done this? Do you have a scene file or files you'd be willing to share?
redington

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I did uninstall the Logic/GB plugins and everything is working as it should right now. I was able to get Logic to easily learn the transport controls and I can successfully trigger the Triton sounds from midi recordings in Logic. I can also change scenes to things the Legacy plugins. Why on earth would Korg cripple this controller with such bad software? For the life of me I can't understand why they've done this. It's a big missed opportunity for this to be all that it can be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: