Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writing to a Korg Formatted SD card with a Win10 computer...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Writing to a Korg Formatted SD card with a Win10 computer... Reply with quote

Hi, everyone Smile
I have a question regarding getting new WAV files from my PC onto the Korg-formatted SD card.
To sum it up; it is not working.
I would like to add some new WAV files of soundbeds from a new album I am completing. I have them on the computer. I then insert the SD card from my Korg Kross (16Gb Sandisk) into the PC and try to copy the WAV files over. It tells me that the card is write-protected. I cannot move the WAV files to the card from the PC.
Usually when an SD card says that it is write-protected when it really is not (the slider is not in the lock position), that the SD card is bad. I have tried 5 different cards that I formatted in the Kross on my PC (Windows 10 - latest version), it will not work.
The only option I see before any opinions from you is that I need to play the WAV files into the Kross via the Audio Input so it can convert them as needed. After I format the SD card on the Kross, I cannot reformat it on the PC without getting the same write protect message.
In the past, I had simply taken the latest backup files from the Kross (which are saved to my PC in the cloud so I can get them in a pinch before a gig if needed), copied them to a brand new card (that had never been in the Kross) on the PC and then inserted that card into the Kross and it worked.
I checked the PC editor with the Kross plugged into it (I rarely use the editor) and there were no facilities to import the WAV files to the Kross for processing.
Is there something I am missing? I cannot think that 5-6 cards formatted in the Kross not working in the PC would mean that all the cards are bad, especially when they still work in the Kross.
Thank you in advance.

Grace,
Harry Ebbeson III
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: An Update... Reply with quote

Every SD Card that I format on the Korg is not able to have data written to it on my Windows 10 machine. This leads me to believe that it is not a Korg problem, but rather a problem with how Windows is treating the SD Card. There is a DISKPART utility in the command prompt that allows you to take attributes off of a disk or other media on a system level. I will keep you posted.
Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Another update... Reply with quote

Ok - I found the problem. The problem is with my PC. It seems to automatically write-protect the cards and does not allow me to write to them. I used my wife's IBM laptop and did not have a problem at all, so it is specific to my machine. I will research the Interweb about this problem and how to correct it just in case others have this issue too and want to start trashing SD Cards that may still be good.

I do not believe that this is a problem with Windows 10 Pro installations. I think that it has to do with my upgrade path from Windows 7 Home. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 and after skimming a few articles from the different forums, it may be a Windows 10 Home thing via the upgrade path I chose.

I will keep you posted as to my results.

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: