Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im looking for a IMG File from the internal micro SD Card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix50

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Im looking for a IMG File from the internal micro SD Card Reply with quote

Hy...
iam looking for the IMG file of the internal micro SD card
Where can i find this File ???

Thanks a lot
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the first page of the Korg Krome forum and you will find the thread titled, Help, I accidently erased the Korg Krome Internal SD card. In that thread, Stale provided thelink for the image file, but you have to also download the HDD Raw Cooy Tool to prepare the internal microdisk otherwise the image won't work. And yes, I was the one who accidentally erased my microdisk - we all make mistakes.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicbygordongeorge- How did you recover the img file or the copy of for your sd card?
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link I was given which will have the image file on it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lll0iq6fo84gw4/Image.imgc?dl=0

Download the file to your computer.

Format the new microdisk card (FAT 32). Make sure the microdisk is a Class 10, 8 gb.

Use HDD Raw Copy Tool to decompress the Image.imgc file to Image.img (or whatever you choose to name it) You are basically just 'unzipping' the compressed file. Name it whatever you want just as long as you choose to convert to an .img file.

Use Win32 Disk Imager to write the new Image.img to the new microSD card.

YOU CAN NOT JUST DOWNLOAD THE FILE ONTO THE MICRODISK. You must use the HDD Raw Copy Tool and the Wine 32 Disk Imager or else the image file will not work.

Note: You will have to check different websites to find the HDD Raw Copy Tool and the Win32 Disk Imager. Some try to charge you for it, but there are some that provide them for free. I don't remember which website I got them from because I had to go through several claiming to be free but wanting to charge before I was able to find the free ones.

Install new card - make sure it's firmly in the socket. Should fit into the Krome's nook perfectly. Power up the Krome.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot did you notice a better load time when the better quality sd card was installed or about the same. I want to buy a good one to try and see if load time improves they only sell them in 16gb and up will Krome still read 16gb cards.
Thanks
musicbygordongeorge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It still takes full minute for the Krome to start. I felt the pianos sounded better, but others didn't think so. I definitely noticed a big difference in the piano sounds. As for the sd card, I bought the Sandisk class 10 8 gb microsdisk on Amazon. I can't say that the 16 gb would work because I don't know, but I know the 8 gb worked, and you should be ablemto find it on Amazon. I would not get a no-name brand. The Sandisk is pretty well-known.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: