Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sustain Pedal in KARMA Question - And More :-)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
Here's "and more:"

I noticed after implementing the sustain pedal settings above, that for the "Gospel Church" Combi, if the sustain pedal is down, notes will not trigger the pattern. Going back to the original settings, this is still true.

Why does the sustain pedal block the notes from starting the pattern and how can I change that?

And of course, I'm still looking for the answer as to how to change the trigger from 3 notes to 1.

Thanks!

"Smart scan" is a dynamic midi destination and it does all kinds of Chord tricks including pattern trigger by more than one note or requiring a chord.

Should have saved myself the trouble and googled Karma labs website at step one. Here is the link i found and it has a multi part guide.

"Part 3 - The confusing and yet powerful "Smart Scan"

"Down in the trigger zone for module B, play some single notes, then some 2-note intervals, and finally some 3- and 4-note chords. Notice how module B only starts playing when you play 3 or more notes at the same time? And how it will won't retrigger to something new until you play another 3-note (or larger) chord? If you just play single notes or intervals, the module just keeps playing an arpeggio of the previous chord until you trigger a new arpeggio with a different chord."

http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/karma2:tutorial-mastering-level-1-karma-usage#toc10

Any way, here is the link ^^^^^^^^^ and i hope the info applies to Kronos, because Karma labs info is spread out across several Korg models and even Yamaha models as well as the software. If smart scan is the problem, then going to dynamic midi and turning it off or clearing out the dynamic midi set up it is in, will be the easy solution. Every time smart scan got in my way, i removed it, it is too smart for me as the above link info will prove. Laughing
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smartscan is a special setting generally designed for allowing you to play on the full keyboard (not a split) while doing things such as:

- You can change the "chord" by playing 3 notes or more. Then you can solo on top of it with one or two note runs without changing the underlying chord.
- the sustain pedal is specifically used to block the chord changes. Sustain pedal down, then you can play runs, chords all over without changing the underlying chord.

If this gets in the way of what you want to do, just remove it from the Dynamic MIDI settings completely, and KARMA will revert to using normal scanning where 1 note will trigger a new chord change and the sustain pedal will not block it.

danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Smartscan is a special setting generally designed for allowing you to play on the full keyboard (not a split) while doing things such as:

- You can change the "chord" by playing 3 notes or more. Then you can solo on top of it with one or two note runs without changing the underlying chord.
- the sustain pedal is specifically used to block the chord changes. Sustain pedal down, then you can play runs, chords all over without changing the underlying chord.

If this gets in the way of what you want to do, just remove it from the Dynamic MIDI settings completely, and KARMA will revert to using normal scanning where 1 note will trigger a new chord change and the sustain pedal will not block it.

Thanks for the explanation, Stephen. I've used this particular combi for many years and could never get my head completely around how it was working. I've just started using it for a different song and all of the above is helping tremendously. Thanks everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: