Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keeping settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azroin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: keeping settings Reply with quote

In the combi mode i have 5 tracks and i have set all the vol. levels to my liking then i use the write combi command. when i come back the next day my vol setting are not what they were set at.
Is there a way to I keep the vol setting of the tracks from changing?
Thank for any input
Stephen
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: keeping settings Reply with quote

azroin wrote:
In the combi mode i have 5 tracks and i have set all the vol. levels to my liking then i use the write combi command. when i come back the next day my vol setting are not what they were set at.
Is there a way to I keep the vol setting of the tracks from changing?
Thank for any input
Stephen

you might want to consider your terminology.

a 'track ' usually infers you are in SEQ mode and did a recording.

Since you are in combi mode, you saved changes to midi channels or a timbre or the Program (s) within the combi.

To clarify further, did you simply over write the existing combi ?

Or did you save your custom combi in the user bank with a name of your choice ? The latter is what I recommend.
azroin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I am not in the SEQ mode. I am in the combi mode.In the Pro select mixer screen.
Yes i have saved the program to the parameters that i want. now i have several programs finished to my liking.
With difference vol levels. Next went to top Right drop down menu and chose write combi, which i have given a name and location.
Now to get the to my question, is there a way to save the vol sliders levels, so when i come back to this combi they are the same?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azroin wrote:
OK I am not in the SEQ mode. I am in the combi mode.In the Pro select mixer screen.
Yes i have saved the program to the parameters that i want. now i have several programs finished to my liking.
With difference vol levels. Next went to top Right drop down menu and chose write combi, which i have given a name and location.
Now to get the to my question, is there a way to save the vol sliders levels, so when i come back to this combi they are the same?

You were able to save program settings and the combi retains what is saved in the program. But then combi has Timbre aspects that are independent of the Program settings. Timbre volume is one of the settings independent of what the program settings are ,for the program assigned to that timbre.

In global mode, there are "memory protect" settings that have on or off options for each mode. You could have memory protect off for program mode and that lets you save program edits, but if you have memory protect on for Combi mode, you will not be able to save Combi edits even though you were able to save the edits to the programs assigned to the combi timbres.

Go to Global Mode in the "Basic" tab page to see if you have this Combi memory protect setup preventing you from saving combi edits.

Page 758 parameter guide section for Global Mode.. Excerpt.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~
0-1e: Memory Protect.

Program [Off,On]
This setting protects the internal program memory.
On (checked): Internal program memory will be protected, and the following write operations cannot be performed.
• Writing a program
• Loading program data from disk
• Receiving program data via MIDI data dump
Off (unchecked): Data can be written to internal program memory.

Combination [Off,On]
This setting protects the internal combination memory.
On (checked): Internal combination memory will be protected, and the following write operations cannot be performed.
• Writing a combination
• Loading combination data from disk
• Receiving combination data via MIDI data dump
Off (unchecked): Data can be written to internal combination memory.
azroin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the information.
In the global mode all the memory protect are unchecked.
So if I am understanding that what you are saying then this is not the problem.
With the combi box unchecked, I should be able to save vol settings, is that correct. again thanks for taking the time to explain this.
JoeyL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just press the rec button and hit yes on the screen
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azroin wrote:
Thanks for all the information.
In the global mode all the memory protect are unchecked.
So if I am understanding that what you are saying then this is not the problem.
With the combi box unchecked, I should be able to save vol settings, is that correct. again thanks for taking the time to explain this.

Yes you are right. Unchecked is what you want. If uncheck is what you already had (maybe also do a save of global settings with the unchecked boxes, just to be sure) then your problem is elsewhere.

JoeyL is suggesting do a Rec-Write. You press Record button while in Combi mode and a prompt box will pop up asking if you want to "write" combination. press yes and that is a short cut to saving setting changes.
If that doesnt work, i hope you are at least designating where you want the combi saved and following through all the promt box steps to write the combi.
You have to be in combi page to write combi, i hope you are not staying in the "edit program" page of combi and then doing the write command.
I make sillier mistakes sometimes, depending on how late i stay up or whats been in my cup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: