Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop Kronos transposing external keyboard unintentionally!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Stop Kronos transposing external keyboard unintentionally! Reply with quote

When browsing through my setlist, my Kronos sometimes transposes my external keyboard while I don't want that. The external board is connected through the Kronos midi out.

It has nothing to do with the transpose parameter in the setlist itself, because they all stand on zero. It must be somewhere in the combi's. And neither it's the pitch transpose in the timbre parameter in the combi; I checked them as well.

So I really can't find the parameter which does that. Any ideas?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess at what i would look for.
I would look to see if it were the Combis, which you already mentioned.
You also mentioned seeing it is not in the Timbre pitch settings.

Each timbre could also be zoned to higher or lower on the key range and that is a transposition in its own way. Particularly the timbres with midi channels set to same as your ext synth. Maybe even idle timbres interfering.

I have doubts about my idea here but it is what came to mind for if i was in the same situation. I recall a topic like this before but cannot remember the solution details.
Schmooster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma GE's send transpose and split data. What are your Global settings and are both keyboards set to the same channel for Global changes? You can change transposition both globally and via the set list - the global midi page has a "position convert" setting with options for "pre midi" and "post midi" but it's not clear what these do - check the Karma GE's for transpose data - or set your Global settings to transmit system exclusive messages and control changes - I'm getting myself confused as I try to explain it. There are a number of places the message could be sent from; Global, Setlist and Karma GE - you need to experiment with the settings to find the exact one that's causing the change, but I'm not able to give you an in-depth explanation - look at the set list changes that cause it in more detail or reconfigure the information that is transmitted from setlist - it might be solvable at the receiving end more easily. Confused
laandodeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLVED

Problem was that I switched combi with my foot pedal while using the pitch bend. While the Kronos joy stick automatically returns to its defaul position, it couldn't transmit the corresponding midi data after I switched.

Could this be addressed by the seamless transition in a next version? is that technically impossible?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are using the external keyboard as a layer that is being triggered by the Kronos and you need the external keyboard to also respond to Kronos pitch bend information?
laandodeman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
So you are using the external keyboard as a layer that is being triggered by the Kronos and you need the external keyboard to also respond to Kronos pitch bend information?

Yes. And that works OK, but not if you are in the middle of a pitchbend and then switch to the next combi Smile
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:

Yes. And that works OK, but not if you are in the middle of a pitchbend and then switch to the next combi Smile

I was going to recommend using a MIDI filter to filter out the pitch bend information. But obviously that won't work for your needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: