Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suddenly No Midi Signal At All

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingy10kingy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Suddenly No Midi Signal At All Reply with quote

Having used the midi with no issues for a long and after a short break I have returned to find there is no midi signal whatsoever going into cubase from the Kronos I have changed no settings . Just nothing...

Can anyone enlighten me on why this has happened??
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start by downloading the MIDIOX diagnostic freeware, then select your MIDI interface to the Kronos in the menus and verify if your computer receives something. If not, your problem is your interface, parameters in the Kronos or faulty cable, etc.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Re: Suddenly No Midi Signal At All Reply with quote

kingy10kingy wrote:
Having used the midi with no issues for a long and after a short break I have returned to find there is no midi signal whatsoever going into cubase from the Kronos I have changed no settings . Just nothing...

Can anyone enlighten me on why this has happened??

Well ,why not go to Global Midi settings to see if any Midi settings have been changed even if not by you. Who knows, this could lead to you setting up a camera and catching yourself sleep walking to change those settings. Laughing

Maybe a quick way to settle the Global Midi inquisition: rather than scour the Global midi options for clues, go to your trusted PCG save in disk mode and load the global files. Be sure it is from the PCG file you know has the set up you want.
If you have no known PCG for this job, then now you know why it is good to have a back up PCG file of every setup you have ever made with an intent to keep.

Scouring the midi pages in Global is the best way to go if you want to understand the problem, assumng the problem is based there.
Is it MIDI across all the sound and song slots across all modes modes or just one combi or song? It must be..
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this happen to me before. Reboot the Kronos, reboot the computer - and then try a different USB cable. Smile

kingy10kingy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha 19naia

Switching USB ports did the trick Stephen how odd.

Thanks!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingy10kingy wrote:
haha 19naia

Switching USB ports did the trick Stephen how odd.

Thanks!

Reminds me now that i have a USB port that often takes some coaxing and/or rebooting just to read the memory stick i put into it. Odd thing also is that it responds better to one of my memory sticks but not the other.
I never used USB port for Midi... Not yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: