Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The VOLUME CONTROL.. HELP!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachd3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: The VOLUME CONTROL.. HELP!! Reply with quote

my volume control is off. I can set my main and master volume levels halfway and play a patch and lower the volume. Then when go to the next patch the volume (even though I just turned it down on the previous patch and have not touched it) plays at full capacity. This happens every time I change any patch, bank, program, combi, etc. Before once I had my volume set on the knob and slider it was set. Now its like the internal volume is off. Hope this makes sense can anyone help..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trouble shoot

disconnect all other midi devices
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So two possibilities i can think of. Either your Master and Main volume control has a bug somewhere between there and deeper in the hardware and software, or something else has taken over assignment of your volume control.
Tone adjust is not global and i am not sure if Volume is assignable in tone adjust. Although,Master Slider is assignable in tone adjust, tone adjust is not global as your problem seems to be.

So as GregC says, dissconnect all midi connected devices just in case it is an external control source. Maybe easier to see that Kronos is globally set to internal control only and that excludes external midi devices.
So if you have no external devices and have set Kronos to internal control only, then you will need to see what global control assignments have been set to take over Master volume. They are tied to Midi CC# and that means midi is involved.
Global control setups are showing that RT knobs can be set to Master volume control and Foot pedal can be set to Master volume control.
RT knobs are in Functions Assign page of Global and that is for control of externals based on the midi channel selected. But, if you have the RT knob set to the same midi channel as Kronos Global midi channel, you will end up controlling Kronos with the RT knobs to the tune of the function it is set to. Master volume is one of the function options.

Foot pedal is more straight forward where you go to Global and into the "controller" tab page. You will see foot pedal and foot switch settings. See if it is set to Master volume.

Also, once when i ran my sound out through 1/2 or 3/4 and a separate L/R out, i had some confusion with my Master versus Main volume control. But yours seems to be a different issue. Also VJS affects volume by default for most combis & Programs, but also your issue sounds like it is Global rather than VJS or Audio output page setup.

Another thing that can get confusing if you have RT knob or foot Pedal or any control that can be assigned to Master volume, assigned to Master volume, then those controls(RT knob, foot pedal, etc..) could also end up tied to other control sources via AMS in the program or combi. So if RT knob is tied via AMS to SW 1 or 2, SW changes will change the RT knob setting and vice versa. If the RTknob or SW1 switch is also set to a separate function in Global, then that function will be affected every time the controls are changed for secondary functions via program/combi based AMS. A single control can be set to do several things at the same time and be tied to other controls at the same time to set them off. You can end up in control of more than you can follow with the flick of a button or turn of a knob or a touch on the screen.

So, changing programs also can basically change your control settings based on what was saved in the program you change to. And if the program control is tied to other functions in global, the global function will be adjusted as well.
Once Master volume is tied to a different control, it can be overide Master slider position via whatever control(ie RT knob or foot pedal) it is tied to. And the secondary control position can be overidden by the Master slider as well.

It can get complicated and the easiest place to start is to eliminate Midi influence from external and then go to Global midi CC control setup and Function Assign to be sure anything that can be assigned to control Master volume function is removed or at least accounted for. Also try turning all your RT knobs and checking your foot pedal position if you have one inserted. That can tell you if they are tied to Master volume control.
If you move an RT knob and it turns the volume , be sure to also look at the SW 1 & 2 status to see if they go( SW light acts in sync) on and off as you turn RT knobs. That means the SW can also change the RT knob status and then you could possibly(not sure) have SW turn volume on an off as in going from 100% to 0% as the SW is engaged. In a case like that, as you change programs where SW is on for one and off for the next, you can find you your volume setting going on and off. Same logic behind RT knobs an Pedal.

It can get so complicated you may want to turn all control assignments and function assignments to OFF just to be sure none of them can overide Volume in any way even if AMS is linked to the control.

Worst case scenario, you have a bug in the system or hardware and need to take Kronos in for service, but only after a complete trouble shoot of the control and function setups globally.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple solution is reloading the PCG that has saved your setup as you want it. It will have the global settings and all. If you have no such file, now you know why it is important to have a backup PCG of every setup you ever made across global and the rest of the modes.

Of course the long route of trouble shooting settings across the tab pages is best for understanding the problem and discovering other useful stuff to know.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: The VOLUME CONTROL.. HELP!! Reply with quote

coachd3 wrote:
my volume control is off. I can set my main and master volume levels halfway and play a patch and lower the volume. Then when go to the next patch the volume (even though I just turned it down on the previous patch and have not touched it) plays at full capacity. This happens every time I change any patch, bank, program, combi, etc. Before once I had my volume set on the knob and slider it was set. Now its like the internal volume is off. Hope this makes sense can anyone help..

I believe the master volume slider is stored with each patch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: