Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to master in ipads korg gadget?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triton100

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Is it possible to master in ipads korg gadget? Reply with quote

Korg gadget is an incredible piece of software to the point where I'm findi that I'm completing entire songs in it. However I'm wondering how do I give it the final mastering edge? Is it possible? There doesn't seem to be scope to tweak EQ settings etc on individual drum pads ?
What would be he best method of finalising a song made in gadget ?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way would be to have it done professionally by someone else. Barring that, get a DAW program and use mastering plugins. Or use a cheap service like Landr for some quick algorithmic "mastering".
Triton100

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but I don't think I must have been clear. I mean for mastering either within korg gadget or easily getting it out of the app into a daw like logic. Correctly you can only got to ableton. I use logic but it's a pain to export in terms of separating individual drum sounds snare etc
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you consider "mastering" but in the traditional sense no, there is no way to do it in Gadget. You could export a song mixdown and load that into Logic. For mastering you wouldn't use separate tracks anyway.
zedzdedr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Touch is a decent app to learn some basics on mastering. Otherwise, dump you song on your PC/Mac and use a DAW. There's tons of checklists for plugins to use, but in the end it's up to your ears on what sounds best.

Then there is LANDR which, at least used to, that will do an auto master on your song and spit it out polished in MP3 for free. I didn't like the free versions I tried, nor having a master copy in MP3 format.

If you have a DAW you can buy a Mastering template geared towards your genre of music. They're sort of a waste of money, but if new to mastering and you have the needed plugins for their mastering chain-- you can learn a lot playing with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: