Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio spill from output 4 to output 1/2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cham3leon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Audio spill from output 4 to output 1/2 Reply with quote

Hello!
I need some help!

I am using kronos to play the backing tracks in my band.

On output L-R i routed what i play
On output 1-2 are the backing tracks (they are not in stereo pair!)
On output 4 it is the metronom! metronom track it is olso an audio track because the are some indication for the drumer!

The problem is that at the start of the song where i have only click there are some sound spills from output 4 to output 1-2!

How can i resolve this problem!

Thx! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MFX are "hard-wired" to the L/R outputs, maybe you're sending some signal there?
Cham3leon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spill is only in 1-2 output! there are no spill to L-R output!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh oops sorry. And you are 100 percent sure there is no click on the backing tracks themselves? I don't think I see any way how the signal could get there otherwise, if you just routed the metronome track to output 4.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check in you global options , you might have L/R bus indiv assgin set to something other than off.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Cham3leon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I make the backing tracks in cubase 8, export them in 48k 24b stereo,and the click in mono....
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I meant you may have bleed on your mixdowns. But if not, then I have no idea where it's coming from, I literally don't know of any way to send an audio track to 4, 1 and 2 on the Kronos.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Record bus set to off when you recorded your backing tracks? Maybe you recorded the metronome track into the backing track via the complexities of Rec Bus in "Audio routing 2" tab page. Maybe even Audio Input/Sampling page in sequencer or global has some conflicting bus settings. Both audio track and audio page do bus and routing setup for the various inputs.

Easy to set up the track output routing in "Audio routing 1" page and forget to check out "Audio routing 2" for what REC Bus has to wire into what is actually recorded on each track.

Yes ,even if you set your audio tracks to Output somewhere, it can get more complicated with REC Bus settings where any overlooked conflict of signal there can end up in what you actually record and be there every time you play it back through any output whatsoever.

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have a pre-recorded set up for backup of live performance.
So if your issue is happening during play back of pre-recorded backing tracks and pre-recorded metronome track all on audio tracks, then maybe the issue/conflict was recorded into your recording via REC Bus confusion.
Just because you have your track output and input sorted out just the way you want, does not mean that REC Bus settings cannot scribble extra lines into your routed signal at point of recording.
Record bus and Fx control bus do just that, putting the influences of one track into/onto another. How Vocoder FX puts the signal of one program or audio into another program for vocoder effect, is how Record bus can put the signal of one track to be recorded on another track or into sampler or from midi to audio and who knows what else..

Worth a try to check out Record bus if the issue is recorded into your prerecorded backing tracks.

Also the sequencer Audio Input/Sampling tab page has "Rec Bus" and "FX Cntrl bus" settings and "Bus select" options. So if you have those set in "Audio Input/sampling" to bus the various inputs a certain way, it may be worth investigating if it could interfere with settings in Sequencer Audio track page that draw from the same inputs and intertwines with the same REC bus and FX control bus complexities.

You may have to do your recording all over again if the issue is recorded into your prerecorded backing tracks. Redo the recording once you track how the rogue signal is getting bussed in. It is obviously not directly routed in, so the REC bus settings are the only thing i can think of.

https://youtu.be/d5l4423UQ04

The good man put out some videos recently and the one i linked above gives hands on demo to include all the routing and bus complexities that can come together for recording on Kronos. From Audio page to audio track with all the bus and routing options covered.
Record Bus can get complicated, and as detailed as i may seem already, my head hurts at the thought of trying to track down exactly how many ways REC Bus can work to make the issue you have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: