Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Control Organ Volume in Kronos with Pedal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a blank combi with all the settings you prefer and use that as a starting point for future combos.

I have a basic combi for two keyboards. Piano/strings on the lower and organ/ pad on the upper. I have spent time making all the background settings I typically use set properly. Any new combi I need I load this basic version and build it off there.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: volume pedal for organ sounds in Kronos Reply with quote

donthebootlegger wrote:
thanks, but not sure why plugging the pedal into output 2 would cause it to function as a volume pedal for organ sounds???

Bitflipper wrote:
I use the Korg EXP-2 with my Kronos.

Not terribly expensive ($85 @ Sweetwater), works great for organ expression, and seems durable (been using it for a little over a year). Comes with the appropriate (TRS) cable.

Just plug the cable into the jack labeled "Output 2".

The pedal itself has an Output 1 and Output 2. Blurb from the Korg website:

A foot controller that can be used as a lightweight and compact volume/expression pedal.
・Use as a volume pedal (when using INPUT-1 and OUTPUT-1) or as an expression pedal (when using OUTPUT-2).
・Minimum volume can be set in a range from 0 to approximately 50%.
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VK -

You wrote:
"Instead of setting to CC#11 I set it to CC#7, and I'm able to fade up the Organ from under the Piano layer."

That will work for certain applications, but if you want to build a string section with several different timbres, but want the cellos, violas, and violins balanced at different volumes, CC#11 allows you to fade them all in and out simultaneously, while maintaining the balance. CC#7 won't allow that.

You wrote:
"Maybe there's a way to have a completely BLANK Initialised Combi Template for future programming. I hope so, as I prefer to start from Nothing and only apply whatever particular Controllers, Filters etc that I choose to use."

Good idea. Just build a blank combi (or perhaps piano on timbre #1) and set everything to off as you prefer. Then save it to a user bank as "My Blank Combi" Then, edit it anyway you like and save your edit to a new location, with a new name. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Don't forget, you can also use the sliders as faders too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: