Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User DrumKit Banks Location

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: User DrumKit Banks Location Reply with quote

Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction to find my user (modified drum kit banks). I saved them in the bank U-AA but for some reason they are not there when I try to browse from Program mode.

Any ideas?

As always many thanks,

V
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks have designations for what kinds of programs they can hold.
Helps with the diversity of Synth engines.
Nothin confusing, just HD-1 and EXi bank types. If you try to save HD-1 programs to EXi banks, it will be the same as trying to save EXi programs to HD-1 banks. Simply will not save to the bank.

But if this is what happened to you, it seems you would have gotten a dialogue box message when you were saving them. So i have doubts this is your issue but it is worth mentioning. Drum kits are HD-1 if i am correct. I am going off the fact that HD-1 is velocity layer intensive and so are the globally editable drum kit programs.
Global mode has a plce to Edit bank types so that an EXi bank can be changed to an HD-1 bank if you need.

Here is the caution that Parameter guide page 796 has to say.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Before editing Drum Kits

Make sure that Memory Protect is disabled
Before you start editing, go to the Global Basic page, and look in the Memory Protect section. Make sure that Drum Kit is not checked–if so, you won’t be able to make any edits.
Drum Kits may be used by more than one Program
When you edit a Drum Kit, all Programs that use that Drum Kit will be affected. To avoid changing the factory voicing, you may wish to copy Drum Kits to empty locations in the USER banks before editing.

If you turn off the power or select another drum kit before writing, your edits cannot be recovered. To save your edits, use the Write Drum Kit page menu command or press the SEQUENCER REC/WRITE switch to open the Update Drum Kit dialog box.
If “Enable Exclusive” (1–1c) is checked, the drum kit can be edited via MIDI System Exclusive data.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Page 812 parameter guide has this caution about writing drum kit.

"Do not turn off the power for at least 10 seconds after using the Write Drum Kit command. This allows the system time to complete the process, which includes saving a backup of the data to the internal disk."

Seems better to first save the unedited drum kits from the original bank and slot to your slots in U-AA and then select them in their new position in U-AA before going to global to edit them and write them. Maybe this is what you did? But also seems possible to edit them as they are and have the edit version write into whatever bank position you allocate from global "write drum kit" command. But for some reason the parameter guide first cautions to copy the unedited kit to where you want the edited result to be and then edit from there in global.
Seems better that way.
The details about bank type(HD-1 vs EXi) designation apply, no matter which route you take. The bank type settings are also in global and worth looking at. Your bank should be set to be an HD-1 bank if you want drum kits to save there.
I think if any of this info is your problem, you may have lost your edits and need to start again.
Hopefully i am wrong and you find you edits sabed somewhere else due to a typing error or fuzzy memory.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: User DrumKit Banks Location Reply with quote

Valles wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone point me in the right direction to find my user (modified drum kit banks). I saved them in the bank U-AA but for some reason they are not there when I try to browse from Program mode.

Did you actually put the drum kit in a program? Or did you just store the drum kit in a drum kit location when editing it in Global Mode?

A drum kit is basically a multisound, for use by an oscillator. Editing a drum kit and storing it in a drum kit location in global mode does not make it available as a drum program.

You have to go to a drum program, go to the oscillator page, and select your drum kit as the multisound for the oscillator, then save the program.

Valles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]You have to go to a drum program, go to the oscillator page, and select your drum kit as the multisound for the oscillator, then save the program.
Quote:

Thanks, this is what i needed,

Thank you both Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: