Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to get more than 16 beats on Kaossilator Pro+

View previous topic :: View next topic  
insenico

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Trying to get more than 16 beats on Kaossilator Pro+ Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I guess I am not the only one trying to get more than 16 beats on the Kaossilator Pro+. As you probably know, changing BPMS doesn't do the task because as you drop BPMs the 16 limit becomes 8, then 4.
So I figured out a solution that could work, but I think Korg will not make my life THAT easy...

My plan? Is to use Bank A, when I get to the mark #16 move to Bank B, then C, then D, then cycle back to A. Ideally we could get 64 beats!... But I don't want to use my hand to switch everytime, that's where DAWs come in handy.

So... I can do the playback part, I can program my DAW to send notes C2, C#2, D2 and D#2 on the KP+ channel to toggle the banks A, B, C, D based on a 16 beat counter at the same BPMs...
So I can play a sound that repeats itself after 64 beats!. Isn't that cool?

What's the bad part (and my question)? I can't find a way to do that on REC mode, it only works on playback. The C2, C#2, D2 and D#2 notes are ignored if REC is ON.

Is there any way we can select the Bank that is being recorded by MIDI automation? I want to do the exact same thing (A, then B, then C, then D, then repeat all). The MIDI implementation chart is too complicated for me to understand, the manual doesn't seem to have any note/CC for the REC button.

Please help / ideas.

Thanks
Hercules RMX2
Novation Launchkey Mini
FL Studio12
Traktor2
pedro666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also find the 16 beats limiting but i then got a boss rc202.

this gives me as many beats as i want.

i set it up with my kaoss pads and when i want to record something more than 16 beats i use the boss.
i have it set up to sync with all my other gear and as it has a built in rhythm i can also use record quantise (pressing record just before the start of the beat and it starts recording on the beat,something the kaoss doesnt do)

oh and u dont here the rhythm on the boss but can route to headphones only and use as a metronome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: