Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie question re. drums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catsongs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Newbie question re. drums Reply with quote

Aloha from Honolulu,

A Kronos newbie, I'm curious how to quickly change a drum pattern paired with a program (e.g., the first piano choice) to a different one.

Mahalo!

Cat
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

press the tabs:

Common/drum track

look at upper LH corner for drum track. you will see little arrows to press to view numerous drum track presets

I don't know if its especially quick, but its how I navigate.

Make sure you are familiar with your controls- the Drum track button, latch.

Korg does a good job on intro videos. And you might crack the manual. There is a lot to learn . Kronos is a great keyboard and it is rich in features and controls.

Foot switch assign will turn off/on Drum track, too. See global/controllers. You might invest in a foot switch which will free up using a hand/finger
Catsongs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Mahalo nui loa!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

Catsongs wrote:
Mahalo nui loa!

Hawaii, i remember back when i flew to Honolulu just to buy my first Korg, the triton Extreme. Had no idea what i would get other than a flagship workstation from Roland or Korg and such.
That was back when OASYS first came out and was sitting on the main showcase of the store i ended up in. Oasys was too expensive for me then and i was just starting with my first serious Keyboard. I couldn't even have begun to make sense of Oasys back then. I was not even computer literate back then.

Any way, bought the Triton Extreme because it was on blow out sale for the last one on the floor. Was cheaper than Roland phantom and the Korg M3 was there but i had no idea what it was about, plus it looked a bit ordinary compared to the flashy colored triton extreme. Made it to Aloha cargo with my Triton and they accepted it to fly back to Hilo. In and out with my first Korg, all in a day and it was not a bad choice as it set me up to destiny with kronos today.

Very Happy
Catsongs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aloha e 19naia,

Great tale! Mahalo for sharing!

I left an entire studio on the mainland, and have been without a keyboard for 3 years now. (Do have my guitars, tho' didn't bring all of them!)

Settled now and getting back into playing live. Korg Kronos a big step up from what I had before (a Yamaha SY-77), but... wow...

Watching all the videos out there, and experimenting away. Truly an impressive machine. Of course I want to be Kronos "fluent" NOW! (I know what I want, I can see that I can do it... but... the details... the devil's in the details!)

I know, I know... there's a bit of a learning curve!

Thanks again!

Cat
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catsongs wrote:
Watching all the videos out there, and experimenting away. Truly an impressive machine. Of course I want to be Kronos "fluent" NOW! (I know what I want, I can see that I can do it... but... the details... the devil's in the details!)

I know, I know... there's a bit of a learning curve!

Thanks again!

Cat

I'm going to do a basic synthesis how-to series starting tomorrow. If not for others than just for myself. Mainly because I was fumbling on MS-20ex the other day and also didn't retain some information about STR-1.

Also plan on doing a much more in-depth series on the KARMA software but that won't be till late this year.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have another user from Hawaii. Dan... Something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: