Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wav file difficulty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Wav file difficulty Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 2 88 and trying to import .wav files via USB. However, getting a message stating: "file contains unsupported data." I'm seeing nothing in the manual regarding this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wav file difficulty Reply with quote

brs wrote:
I have a Kronos 2 88 and trying to import .wav files via USB. However, getting a message stating: "file contains unsupported data." I'm seeing nothing in the manual regarding this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

U have to make sure your WAV files are saved in 16 bit. From the source.

You can choose 24 bit globally for SEQ mode, but having 16 bit is simpler and more common, I believe
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Wav file difficulty Reply with quote

Thank you fro the reply. I believe they are 16 bit as they came from a Yamaha AW1600 which is by default 16 bit. But is there a way to verify for sure?
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: wav file difficulties Reply with quote

I just found a way to verify the wav files. They are in fact 1411kbps which is the standard for 16 bit.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wav file difficulty Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thank you fro the reply. I believe they are 16 bit as they came from a Yamaha AW1600 which is by default 16 bit. But is there a way to verify for sure?

I use Audacity for all my WAV file creation, etc. Its a free app, quite popular, fairly easy to use.

you might create a new WAV of the AW1600 using Audacity export file. it will then be on your desk top, can be dropped on your USB.

FYI, I always create a directory on my USB for a WAV file. Same with the SSD. I think its a good practice to create a directory or root folder for a WAV file. Especially since a SONG file might be the result
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: wav file difficulties Reply with quote

Thank you. I forgot to mention I used Audacity to transport the files from the AW. Would that constitute the files being "created" on Audacity? If not, would appreciate knowing how. Thanks again.
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: wav difficulity Reply with quote

Also, creating Directory on the USB. I used a SAN DIsk flash drive. How would I create a directory on that? Thank you.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: wav file difficulties Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thank you. I forgot to mention I used Audacity to transport the files from the AW. Would that constitute the files being "created" on Audacity? If not, would appreciate knowing how. Thanks again.

cool. Audacity prompts you for " what type ' of WAV file every time you Export it to your desk top. Or displaying a choice of format.

Key word here is Export.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: wav difficulity Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Also, creating Directory on the USB. I used a SAN DIsk flash drive. How would I create a directory on that? Thank you.

under the Utility tab, you will find ' create a directory '
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have recorded your song on the AW, you have had the choice of recording in 16 or 24. Do you remember that ??? Wink
If you re load your WAV file with audacity : make a copyof it and save it with a new name and verify before that it is in 16

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Yes, I have verified the wav files are 16 bit, 1411 kbps.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth trying to convert the WAV file to 16bit 48kHz sample rate (1536kbps for stereo).

brs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Would the conversion be done on Audacity or Kronos and having no experience, if you could tell me the process would be great help.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It might be worth trying to convert the WAV file to 16bit 48kHz sample rate (1536kbps for stereo).

+1

It is actually much easier to work with 48 kHz samples, since the Kronos is made for that rate. For example, if you prefer (like me) to use a computer program to create inaudible loops and thus save memory space, then it is easy to transcribe/reconnect the loops on the Kronos in sampling mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: