Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would be the reason you sell your Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
...simple answer from me...
"..to put $$ towards a Kronos 2 (or KK-LS 88 - haven't decided yet).."

Just from my experience and IMHO the Kronos is unbeatable in its class.

Cheers
Pete Very Happy

another positive ( and where is the o/p ?) is that the Kronos, even my 6 yr old is holding up well on resale.

It looks like, if I were so inclined , my 88 could sell for $2200- $2500

I think that is quite awesome . 6 year old keyboards don't usually hold onto to 70% of their original value.
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CharlesFerraro wrote:
You just described the grandstage.

Really? I saw only 7 engines and an 88 key keybed. Is there a 61 key version?

..Joe
Akdmeh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will replace my Kronos X to new Work Station with:
1) 64-bit OS (8, 16 gb ram)
2) 4-8 audio inputs; ability to route different sounds to different outputs simultaneously; custom routing for headphone output (metronome!); more than 2 digital audio inputs from outer devices (such as PC).
3) separate audio sequencer that can play backing track during live mode (now you can work only within one seq. song) or at least seamless switch between sequencer songs - now I have to use notebook for playbacks.
4) less weight will be great option (dreams, only dreams...)

Now I don't see any another universal multi-purpose synth such as Kronos (except maybe Montage)
carabidus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The piano samples are simply the best I've ever heard. That's probably why I still have it. Otherwise, PC/DAW support is awful. MidiQuest Pro was an expensive letdown. I went back to the touch screen because the app was extremely slow and fraught with bugs.

This will most likely be my last hardware synth since I'm purely studio based. There are just so many incredible soft synths out there for a fraction of the cost.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ain't selling it, perhaps whomsoever inherits it after Life is done with me might have $$$$ as the likely primary reason.
Kronos has a lot going under it that it does For in home studio. Taking load off the DAW is one of the aspects that it excels at.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
chini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Korg research Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
…. ( and where is the o/p ?) .

Hi Greg!

This looks like Korg doing some market research! Wink

Not that there's anything wrong with testing the waters by any company but it would be nice for a change if they would ask us directly on this sight rather than play cloak and dagger about it!

Always be true to yourself
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg research Reply with quote

chini wrote:
GregC wrote:
…. ( and where is the o/p ?) .

Hi Greg!

This looks like Korg doing some market research! Wink

Not that there's anything wrong with testing the waters by any company but it would be nice for a change if they would ask us directly on this sight rather than play cloak and dagger about it!

LOL. We must be on alert for conspiracies Wink

IMO, Korg is sophisticated with their market research. They likely have most things planned out 1-2 yrs.
Wsadj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my particular case, I am more than satisfied with my Kronos X 88, it covers all my needs.
At the moment I do not propose to change it, the main reason, my family is growing and that has changed my investment priorities.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands! Laughing
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some steps backward to a post concerning the Fantom G : I had bought a Fantom G 88 and I must admit that concerning the sequencer I was amazed that in a sequence of 16 tracks with 16 different instruments I had made : each of the instrument kept their own original effects without any additional organization or change to be made. I know I know (2 times !) that the Fantom G is an "old" synth but at that time it was really up above all the others. If I have sold it and I bought a Kronos it was mainly for the audio sequencer which is far beyond the Fantom G sequencer concerning the audio : In the Fantom G there was always some clic noises in the audio tracks. That's all folks ! Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
Some steps backward to a post concerning the Fantom G : I had bought a Fantom G 88 and I must admit that concerning the sequencer I was amazed that in a sequence of 16 tracks with 16 different instruments I had made : each of the instrument kept their own original effects without any additional organization or change to be made. I know I know (2 times !) that the Fantom G is an "old" synth but at that time it was really up above all the others. If I have sold it and I bought a Kronos it was mainly for the audio sequencer which is far beyond the Fantom G sequencer concerning the audio : In the Fantom G there was always some clic noises in the audio tracks. That's all folks ! Very Happy

I missed this Roland board as I was not recording back then. Reading about the G SEQ is interesting. I think I am spoiled by the Kronos.

The G's 1 meg of memory seems puny. And no SSD to stream samples and WAV files ? And to read there are click noises in audio tracks ? No thank you.
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not planning on selling my KX-88 - as long as it remains reliable (been rock solid though I haul it around plenty). If I ever sell it, it will be to replace with by another workstation. Me not going the laptop/VST route (I respect all of you who are happy with that setup but it won't work for me - well it would work but would be a hassle and too many SPOFs).

I am *hoping* to replace it by a Kronos successor, hopefully largely backward compatible. Having Karma2 AND Karma3 would be awesome!

If I look at what other companies are doing today, I cannot imagine ever getting a non-Korg workstation to replace the Kronos...
Gunnar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sell the Kronos? Never! Smile

Well, I got myself the K2 73 key edition, wanting piano action and suspecting the 88 key edition would be a bit on the big side. Not sure I made the right call there, and often miss the extra keys. I might sell it for a 88 key version one day.

I do miss having knobs for most things in the UI, though. It is so much more natural to wiggle knobs and drag sliders than editing things in a UI, so if something came out which had similar capabilities AND was somehow set up to allow a very high degree of control through a larger control surface (complete control seems unrealistic for things like AL-1 and MOD-7), that would be something worth considering too. But all in all, for me, the Kronos is in my home to stay Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: