Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer -> Electribe ESX. MIDI Control Change & FX

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demuxe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Sequencer -> Electribe ESX. MIDI Control Change & FX Reply with quote

I have an Electribe ESX-1 SD. For various reasons I currently need to use an old, simple sequencer software called SEQ24.
I want to sequence changes in the FX settings of the ESX-1 parts. It seems I managed to do it, but I'm still a bit confused.

I've assigned 3 different MIDI channels to Drum Part, Keyboard Part 1 and Keyboard Part 2.

I managed to sequence FX on the Keyboard Part 1 by sending Control Change data (*) over the MIDI channel belonging to that part.
But apparently, this only works if I send Control Change data to Keyboard Part 1. If I send the same data over the MIDI channels for Keyboard Part 2 or Drum Part (of course after enabling the same effect for those parts), no change in the effect parameters happens anymore.
Does this make sense to you? Is it by design? Am I doing something wrong?

(*) Example: I set the Keyboard Part 1 MIDI channel to 7, and then I send over MIDI channel 7
-a Control Change 12 with value 56 which sets the Ring Mod FX
-a Control Change 92 to set its Oscillator Frequence parameter
-a Control Change 93 to set the Balance parameter (these Control Change numbers come from the ESX MIDI Implementation).
This enables Ring Mod for Keyboard Part 1 with a specific combination of parameters. Then I send more Control Change 92 and 93 data, which change further the effect settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: