Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Played a Grandstage today and I am confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayrow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Played a Grandstage today and I am confused Reply with quote

Was at Sweetwater Sound today and they finally got one of these in.
By request, they pulled it out for me to play it.
I spent about an hour or so on it and really got a feel for what is going on here.
All told, it sounds incredible and is laid out wonderfully, but it left me scratching my head over three things that I cannot get past...

1.) The action. Why didn't Korg update the RH3 action? It's good - don't get me wrong, but it is slow and and outdated compared to the likes of the Yamaha CP4, the Kawai MP7/MP11, the Roland RD-2000 or RD-800, and (I can't believe I am saying this) even the Casio boards (!). These other manufactures have raised the bar and simply run circles around the Korg when it comes to feel and expresiveness. These other keyboards were right there with me in the showroom and swapping back and forth between them and the Korg was mind-blowing. Wake up Korg, it is a game-changer and a deal-breaker and one of two reasons I didn't walk out of the store today with the Grandstage.

2.) Price. $2499.00?? Really??
I'm not going to go into too much of a rant here, but if Korg wants to be serious about selling this piece of gear, this thing needs to be under $2000. It is a sweet spot in stage piano pricing and there are several other boards on the market that offer a lot more bang-for-the-buck for the same or less money. It is the ultimate reason why I didn't buy this board.

3.) The Stand.
I have an idea! - How about getting rid of the fancy stand that comes force-bundled with the Grandstage (that nobody really wants) and lower the price?

Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful instrument. But the for less money, the CP4, the MP7, the RD-800, and a handful of other boards offer more of what I want and need. They also don't come bundled with hardware that is useless to a serious gigging musician that ultimately raises the price.
xp50player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not an RH3 fan either, hence the RD-800. To me, the Grandstage is like a non-editable Nord Stage at half the price, still making it a good value. It has a ton of memory storage with potential for massive optional libraries, a compact functional design, with some attention paid to style. The 64 favorite patch locations looks helpful, in lieu of a Setlist mode. I’m sure the included stands will be hitting ebay shortly, and I wouldn’t mind one myself, if my longer RD would fit on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: