Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and Soundfont 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Kronos and Soundfont 2 Reply with quote

Did Korg fix the soundfont importing issue in the latest updates? I've been off the scene for sometime and remember that if you attempted to import sf2 files into the Kronos you had to edit them beforehand. I remember Sharp or someone else had a video or tutorial on editing the sf2.

Is this still necessary or did Korg fix this on the Kronos?

Thank you for the info. I am now setup to sample a lot of sounds from the Alesis Fusion so I would like to know this information just in case. I have Chicken Systems Translator FULL and KORG editions and I also have Korg Creator which I haven't even opened yet to test out. So once I get them converted over I will somewhere upload them for you guys/gals...
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the korg creator by itself.
You do not need to import the soundfont to Kronos. Korg creator should handle all conversions itself.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

Agree - I've had no problems.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I watched the video of Korg Creator last night and it appears very simple. I purchased it whenever it first was released, I think, and there were a lot of issues with it so thats why I didn't even open the CD/DVD case and I forgot all about having it until I went through my CD/DVDs last night.

It actually will save me a ton of time..
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had a lot of issues, but a lot of them they have sorted out With the current version (do update to the latest).

Tip: after loading to Kronos the converted file, save the sampling mode data once again to a new name.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: