Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identify a Melody from Classical music?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sutekh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Identify a Melody from Classical music? Reply with quote

Is there any way to identify a piece of classical music... that actually works? Shazam, Soundhound, and Musipedia proved to be useless (the first two couldn't even identify Beethoven's 5th!)

I can't insert an image even though this forum says I can, so I'll spell it out in the key of C (I don't know what key it's really in):

C3 C3C3 G3 C4 C4C4 G3 C3 C3C3 G4 C4 Bb4

The numbers are the octaves of course. It's a famous classical fanfare, or march, or procession, and the melody is played on trunpet or other high brass. I don't remember the title- I think it was the Procession of Apollo, or something like that (trying to remember back over 20 years) but Google and Bing searches don't come up with anything even remotely close.

The rhythm is 8th 16th 16th 1/4 8th 16th 16th 1/4 8th 16th 16th 8th 8th 1/2

At least 100 BPM

It is NOT Haydn's 104th Symphony. I know that piece inside and out, and that's not it (but the aforementioned apps/websites keep insisting on it, when they deign to find any result at all) [/img]
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance recording a clip of you playing it?
sutekh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could try...the Forum wouldn't let me attach a picture, so I really don't expect to be able to attach an audio file
megamarkd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the Empire's Theme from the original Star Wars movie trilogy? LOL! Not nearly at all like the main theme, but it's coming close (ish) the intro to the theme. Maybe I have Star Wars on the brain?

Nah, that is a little more bouncy than this. I tried playing it on a keyboard using Blofeld sounds. I'm not familiar enough with classical music to know what I was playing. Perhaps scoring it on a stave then doing an image match search might work?

I should really load those expensive sound sets I got with the SL licence into the Blofeld....

Edit:
You can post pics, it's just a weird way of setting the tags. Press the Img button and an open tag will be inserted at the cursor for you, paste your image address, then press the Img button again and it insert the close tag for you. Or paste the image address, highlight it, then press the Img button.

Pressing the "Add image to post" button sends you to postimg so you can upload there and then pastes the url and image bbcode in for you.

I'd rather it didn't though, as I would prefer if I could decide whether to make the image a clickable link in or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: