Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FL Studio + ER-1: Linking hardware knobs to MIDI out plugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
architekt909

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: FL Studio + ER-1: Linking hardware knobs to MIDI out plugin Reply with quote

I'm wondering if anyone has an ER-1 (or perhaps another similar model) and has set it up in Fruity Loops. Currently what I have working is I have a MIDI out plugin, and I've properly set up the knobs to map to the appropriate NRPN values for the functions on the device itself. I've tested this and it works. So for example, if I change the "Level" knob for "Synth 1", FL Studio will correctly lower the volume for Synth 1. Great, so it's working from the software side to the hardware.

The problem I have is I can't get it to "link" to the hardware knob. Meaning, when I turn the appropriate knob on the device, FL studio won't pick it up and thus I can't get the software knob to change when I turn the hardware one. I have this working with my TR-09, but it just uses CC and not NRPN so I'm wondering if that's the issue.

Again, going FLS to the ER-1 works, but getting FLS to receive knob movements from the ER-1 doesn't. I'm not sure if this is just a limitation of FLS, or if it's just straight up not possible. THanks.
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK the ER-1 is able to output Midi. Never tried it, but I heard some use the ER-1 to operate rack mounted drum computers.

On a computer one must use an USB to classic Midi (5 pin DIN) cable. See: http://www.dx.com/p/usb-2-0-to-midi-converter-adapter-cable-178-5cm-length-110980#.WZReZ2fMNko . I take it that you use one of those? Those cables have a DIN out and DIN in plug, both connected to the USB plug. Are you using the proper DIN from that cable?

Good luck! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: