Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE: Keys sequencer - Active Step question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaysKorgs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Keys sequencer - Active Step question Reply with quote

re: the Volca Keys sequencer --

Can you mute steps and still maintain the sequence length?

When I mute steps it shortens the length of the sequence -- what am I missing? Thanks!
jeftones

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the active step controls the number of active steps in the sequence. less than sixteen active steps will equal a shorter sequence. this is useful for creating patterns with odd time signatures.

there is no mute function on the volca keys.
JaysKorgs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well -- thanks for confirming. I still like the Keys very much -- still a powerful sequencer
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Keys sequencer - Active Step question Reply with quote

JaysKorgs wrote:

When I mute steps it shortens the length of the sequence -- what am I missing? Thanks!

• Yes: you can mute steps and still maintain the sequence length. Press "Func + Rec" (= "Erase") during playback. Sound information will be erased during playback.

• One can also skip a step (i.e. progress directly to the next one without a silence in between). For that one uses active step mode on the Volca Keys. Press "Func + Play" (= "Active step"). Then press one of the numbered step buttons on the ribbon to toggle it on or off. This shortens the length of a sequence like you said.
JaysKorgs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Keys sequencer - Active Step question Reply with quote

Thanks for that tip Smile

MeneerJansen wrote:
JaysKorgs wrote:

• Yes: you can mute steps and still maintain the sequence length. Press "Func + Rec" (= "Erase") during playback. Sound information will be erased during playback.

• One can also skip a step (i.e. progress directly to the next one without a silence in between). For that one uses active step mode on the Volca Keys. Press "Func + Play" (= "Active step"). Then press one of the numbered step buttons on the ribbon to toggle it on or off. This shortens the length of a sequence like you said.

roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna add in that any time you perform a CLEAR function on a Volca, it erases note data. Press it a second time, and it restores it.

So it is essentially like a MUTE
JaysKorgs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - That's brilliant! Thank for that useful tip -- adds a lot to the playability of the Sample

roblabs wrote:
Just wanna add in that any time you perform a CLEAR function on a Volca, it erases note data. Press it a second time, and it restores it.

So it is essentially like a MUTE

jeftones

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Keys sequencer - Active Step question Reply with quote

JaysKorgs wrote:
Thanks for that tip Smile

MeneerJansen wrote:
JaysKorgs wrote:

while it is a good work around for an actual mute function it is still a work around rather than an actual mute function.
for example if one has a d on step 1 and 5 and an f on step 9 and an a on 16, there is no way stable to say mute the second d in the sequence.

additionally, there is a step edit work around where you can deactivate all the steps except one at a time and input notes that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: