Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seperate sustain/damper control on splits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
20machinm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Seperate sustain/damper control on splits Reply with quote

Hello! I need some help please.

I know how to split the keyboard (pad & piano) but I want to have separate sustain functions on each layer. I.e the damper pedal controls the piano and something else causes the pad to sustain (like a footswitch or the SW button).

I basically want to hold a chord or interval (drone) on the pad, then play the piano normally over it. Any ideas??
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here is my approach.
In program mode, copy the pad that you are using. The program needs to be altered so that when pushing a SW button or footswitch, the pad keeps sounding. This can be done by modulating the release time of AMP EG. In the P-AMP EB/T-MOD page, find a AMS source that is free or not needed. Assign the SW button or footswitch to it and increase the release modulation. If you use one of the SW buttons, don't forget to set up the P-INPUT-CTRL/CONTROLLERS page the function of the corresponding button to SW1/2 Mod.

It is not exactly working as the damper pedal but may be useful enough. The pad will now have longer release times at the moment you use the button or footswitch. It means that if you wait long enough after releasing the keys, the pad will still sound less and less as it is not keeping the pad in sustain mode. Another difference is that, disabling the button or releasing the footswitch will not end the currently sounding notes with the long release times. Because once the release phase of note has started, it can not be modulated anymore.

Save the pad.

In combi mode, set up your piano and the new pad. Then go to the first MIDI filter page and choose the timbre of the pad and disable the damper functionality. Check again the INPUT-CTRL page for the combi so . Now the piano will respond to sustain pedal, the pad to the button/footswitch;

Have fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: