Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bass pedals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Bass pedals Reply with quote

Hi. I want to midi a set of Roland pk5 bass pedals to use with my pa4x. I have edited a bass sound and saved it to my user sounds and want the pedals to play this saved sound regardles of what mode the keyboard is in, I also need to be able to control the volume of the pedals from the k/board. To date I have only been able to replicate the bass sound used in the selected style. Am I asking the impossible or can anyone help? Thanks Rob
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a quick thought, maybe -

1) Assign the pedal voice you want to an Upper Track (eg Upper 3). You won't able to use it for finger playing....

2) Mute the track on the keyboard in normal way

3) Assign pedalboard to the track midi channel

4) Allow midi in to play muted tracks (see p894) of OS2 User Manual

Should work, though not something I have ever tried.
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound interesting,I'll give that a go tomorrow.
Thanks
ErikHoej

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Bass Pedals Reply with quote

Hi. I´ve done like described and it works.
"robthemuso" - is it possible to listen to your edited bass sound.
I´m trying to edit some of the existing sounds to use for a pedalboard.
But without luck - I want some sustain on the sound.
I have Roland PK-5 too.

KR Erik
robthemuso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erik. I took the picked electric bass sound went to sound edit and increased the sustain. Saved it to a user sound and am using that for pk 5 sound
ErikHoej

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Bass Pedals Reply with quote

Hi. Maybe I´m old..... But I have looked for that specific button "sustain" in the sound edit mode, but I can´t find it - then I´ve tried with increased release - and that is OK but not the same. So if you can guide me to that specifik side in the "soundedit-mode" where you find the sustain knob, I´ll be glad.
Actually I am using the same sound as you to edit Very Happy so I think we look for the same sound. I have used an old soundmodule Yamaha FB-01 before - but it died suddenly a month ago after 30 years work. (good job). I have been a pro musician for over 40 years - and played solo about 25 years - but now I am retired and just playing for fun ---and my old dog and wife.
Still I´ll be very pleased if you will mail me your edited sound - then I´ll buy you a pint if I ever come to Birmingham Smile
You can mail me privat on: erikhoejholdt@gmail.com
Erik
robthemuso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erik. I'm not very good at this but here we go.
Turn the keyboard on. When it' s booted up selact SOUND mode. At the top of the screen it will probably say Concert Grand or similar. Click on this and select Bass from the instrument categories. Choose SR Pick Bs DN1 then press Exit. You will now have a bass sound loaded and ready to be edited. Look for the button labelled Release play the k/board in the lower octave and at the same time increase the amount of release to suit you. I have it set to 42.
Now use the drop down menu and save the sound to a user location ready to be used in a keyboard set. The problem I have here is that the sound changes every time I select a different keyboard set. Like you I have been using a sound module but it would be nice to have everything in one place.
If your ever in Birmingham I'd love to see you. I'm sure we could talk for hours about this keyboard and much beer would be drunk. Good luck. Rob
ErikHoej

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Bass Pedals Reply with quote

Ok Rob - thanks.
I´ve been doing excatcly the same - then I think release must be the same as sustain...
I will let you know if I ever come to Birmingham Smile
KR Erik
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think you are right. Relase seems to have the same effect as sustain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: