Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue Monologue Behringer D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Minilogue Monologue Behringer D Reply with quote

Everyone seems fired up to compare the D to the MoogD naturally. I am more curious to hear it with the Karp and Minilogue and Monologue or even the bass station 2. Items in the similar price range. I need another little synth like I need another hole in my head but the BD and Monologue both have my attention. Sad sad affliction.

Last edited by Bertotti on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen a vblog on YouTube about a photo of a new Roland boutique suspiciously like an SH 101.
I'm I helping here Smile
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enabler! With friends like you who needs a bank account! hahahaha! ROFL
I actually like the sound of the SE-02 well all of the little modules from Roland actually Just prefer the Arp and Moog and Korg sounds, but seriously, can a person have to many little synths that slide into nice little shelves and connect easily as the mood strikes. Dancing
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in an instrument store recently and wiggled a Behringer Deep Mind 12's sliders. They were scary flimsy.....
Knobs are always more robust than sliders, but I was seriously disappointed in how the sliders felt especially considering Behringer cut their teeth on mixing consoles emblazon with sliders.

My choice from those mentioned would be the Monologue only because I have a few reservations about the Minilogue's conventional structure (for a few dollars more, Dreadbox has a 4 voice poly that has an incredibly conventional structure coupled with a few non-conventional functions that make it a very unique machine). The Bass Station II is a great machine, almost made me wish I bought one instead of a MiniBrute. It's Moog-style resonant filter, though, would be yet another transistor ladder filtered mono in my kit. The MiniBrute, as unfriendly with everything else I own as it is, has a different sound to everything else I own, with the MS-20 being the closest to it.

The Behringer Model D, well I think I just explained about my need for another Moog-style filter.

I've post with my thoughts on the SE-02 elsewhere here, so I won't repeat them. And the SH-01a is ACM; no analogue components in it. Getta MiniBrute, it's a 101 with a Steiner-Parker filter. You can make it weedy like a 101 if you like, just use the HPF instead of the LPF.

So for me it would be, for it's filter and sequencer that I would choose the Monologue. If I didn't have two Pulses, an Evolver and a Tetra, then perhaps it would be the Model D, but I do....
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am sure I will get a monologue next, but as always I place a few goals on myself before I do. I will also buy the Behringer D if it pans out. I can honestly say I have no desire for the Roland.

I already have a Minilogue and think the monologue would be fun to add with the few extra bells and whistles but I can't ignore a mono three osc! It may not be a moog D but it is still a great sound from what I can tell so far.

Last edited by Bertotti on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a Pulse2? They have dropped in price considerably since I bought mine. Three oscs, switchable filter mode, paraphonic, a crazy complex arpeggiator, looping envelopes, absolutely stupidly large patch memory. Only compromise is the matrix patch editing means 6 knobs shared over 36 parameters. I've own the original for about 15yrs now, so I'm used to that style of editing, but some say it's too much like editing a digital synth without the big screens they come with these days.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked at it but I am really liking the knobbier stuff currently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: