Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting mini/monologue thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moho wrote:
kudamm99 wrote:
Quote:
Which brings us back to the hybrid. VA oscillators with analogue filters and amps. Or, to bring in the DS-8 concept, FM operators for the oscillators and analogues for the rest!

I like 'em both. When will Korg be able to license Ensoniq's tech and make a Volca ESQ? Or a Monologue with wavetable oscillators? A Korg Shruthi?

Or a Volca Mirage complete with programing in Hex and oh that filter Twisted Evil

No not hex, it is my nemesis! Nah not really, it can be calculated on your fingers.

Judging from this one thread and only taking into account the posts within it, I think it is unanimous, additive synthesis is what we all want next from Korg, with analogue filters. Everyone wants it. All 7 of us!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
809dao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An expanded version of the Volca Beats would be nice.
Something in between the Drumbrute and the TR-8, with a kit menu, automation and filters.
I would love that.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release/reissue/reimagine the KPR-77? Perhaps a cross between the KPR-77 and the DDD-1. Analogue drums (bass, snare, toms, clicks, tocks and other wooden sounds) and sample-synthesised steel percussion like cymbals, bells (cow or otherwise), and user samples. The sampled side of it could have one analogue oscillator and one sample run through the usual percussion synth blocks.

Kits are sorta hard to have more than one of on an analogue drum machine. You are basically saving setting for the instruments in the same kit. Samples would help with creating actually different kits, but if my idea above was to be realised, you'd have to have like 4 bass drum circuits to make a good variety of them that weren't just the equivalent of stuffing the bass with pillows or having it empty. Same with snares. Not going to create a brass-head snare too well out of that circuit in the VBeats, even with the 'fix'. The obsession with analogue is understandable with synth filters, but when it comes down to it, a combination of samples and subtractive synthesis makes the best percussion source. The 808 kick by itself has no attack (weak analogue envelope). The 909 kick has plenty of attack but no body. That is why the way to do a good Roland dance kick is to layer the two. That said, the Volca Kick does a pretty good job at a hardcore dancefloor bass drum, without any sampled attacks involved. Arturia have some really fast envelope circuits happening too, but still the DrumBrute has two bass drums (and sounds rather average next to a Tempest and it's analogue/sample architecture). I'm running four analogue bass drums right now (two dedicated kick synths and two analogue drum machines) to have a nice variety of bass drum sounds and I still want a digital source (since my RY30 died). Greatest kick I have ever made was a sample of an 808, a 909, a Waldorf Pulse and an MS-20 all eq'ed into their own bands and multi-sampled using an e5000ultra. Loosened filling, it did. It's lost now on a zip100 disc somewhere in the shed in EOS sample format and my zip drive had the click of death last I tried it.........
Then there is the whole clap debate; analogue or sampled or both? Claps are just as important as bass drum and hats, and in my mind, more important than snares!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: