Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Is anybody out there".... paying attention
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that... at first it was exciting as there was some serious growth going on with computers and 3D music. 3D Pin Ball using an Ultrasound Card was IMO to this day the best pinball computer game to play.... for hours;-) and I think there were people inside both companies that wanted to make it happen and see Creative step up to E-MU quality and move forward but not that easy as it was past one or even two company's control with midi involved. Back then there was nothing coming together to create something and everyone had to agree on MIDI standards and all kinds of technical stuff... so it didn't happen like it could have and we still suffer from that time of confusion where things like Poly AT just disappeared. We are still using an old midi standard implemented with translation errors. And in 2004 Intel who developed AC'97 back in 1997 released Intel High Definition Audio (HD Audio) as a successor to AC'97 but it's not backwards compatible. So things continue to change but move forward far slower than possible in a market driven economy with most people content to still buy standard definition DVD's to use with their HD TV's.

I still have some old MPU 401 cards the Sound Blaster cards eliminated and a Win 98 computer that can run it all for my OASYS PCI card not that I use it past turning it on once and a while. But it's a monster that eats time so I just leave it in it's cave like a mythical monster you never see..lol.

And yes Samsung will remain Samsung and hope we don't notice as Samsung is buying trade marks and trade names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: