Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copy key setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Copy key setup Reply with quote

I purchased a Kronos-61 yesterday and have encountered a bit of problem regarding the copy key setup. This feature is all too familiar with me given that I have a Trinity, M3 and an Oasys. However, when I copy let's say key C#4 - C#4 to key F#4 I'm still hearing a tambourine sample even though it's not listed among the 8 drum samples for that key. I'm completely stumped. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
jg::
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're working on a drumkit in Global mode?

apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you be a little more descriptive in your question?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was working in global mode.

After a bit of head scratching I realized that the drum kit I was working on was assigned a different drum kit for EACH oscillator (which is new to me), so I had to duplicate the key copy editing for the other kit to achieve the proper results. Anyway, problem solved.

Sorry about the vagueness of my question. Sad
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the "Double Drums" Program type is new to Kronos - it wasn't available in Oasys or Triton.

cb70

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, another new owner here and am running into the same problems as mentioned above. I'm working with the double drums programs and trying to map the individual sounds to different keys of my preference but I'm still hearing the second drum part on the keys after I copy the sounds over. I can't find how to switch to the second drum oscillator part to copy the ambient sounds over. If I start off in Program Mode and press the second drum track and then press Global, it still takes me to the first drum track.

Same issue with routing, I can send one of the drum parts to the desired output but can figure out how to switch to the second drum part to do the same.

Any help would be appreciated.
cb70

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've tried everything I can think of, searched through the manuals and it's looking like I can't move/copy OSC2 Double Drum settings to a different key. I would think there would be an option for OSC2 on the Global Drums tab to simplify things but am I correct that in building my own drum kits assigned to keys of my preference I should just use single drums?

I love the way the double drums sounds with both the dry and ambient selections on one key. I would just adjust my 'playing' abilities for those kits but routing the OSC2 to different outputs is giving me the same issue as move/copy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: