Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Karma to Arpeggiate External Synths - Sequencer Mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregverdino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Using Karma to Arpeggiate External Synths - Sequencer Mode Reply with quote

Hi all - I'm sure I'm missing something simple and this may be in the user guide but I can't seem to find it. In sequencer mode, I'm looking to use Karma to send an arpeggio pattern to my Roland Integra 7. If I play my Integra from either program or combi mode, I can arpeggiate all I want but as soon as I move into the sequencer, I'm lost. I know I can arpeggiate anything in my DAW but in my current workflow, I do all my midi sequencing on the Kronos so I can leave my laptop off until I'm ready to commit my tracks to audio. Any help appreciated. Thx.

Soft Synths: Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Spark, Native Instruments FM8, Omnisphere 2, Roland Cloud

Studio: Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2, Presonus StudioOne 3, Macbook Pro, Akai MPK mini mkII, Nanopad 2

The Korgs that got away: Poly61, O1/W Pro, Triton
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sequencer works the same as Combi when it comes to Combi types of setups. Of course you have extra features in sequencer but the same combi features are there.
Midi I/O in Karma GE setup is what comes to mind. Also your track midi channel settings.
If you know what these are doing in Combi mode, then do the same in Sequencer mode. Combi may have Gch listed as midi channel option and you may not see Gch in Sequencer but you will have channels 1-16 where one of those will always be the same thing as Gch. Just look to see which one it is as set in Global mode for global midi channel setting.

Also in the Midi tab page under track parameters, you will have the option in sequencer mode for track status to be set to BTH(both). Combi mode does not have this. It affects how you interface with external and internal in the same track.

I think you have to input kronos global midi channel to karma midi I/O on the input side and then set the output side to a track set to EXT or BTH status, and then set that same track midi channel to whatever midi channel the interga program is playing on.
Not at Kronos now to be sure i know 100% what i am talking about for midi channel routing, but you can reference the combi setup that is working for you and set the same up in Sequencer with regards to Karma Midi I/O and track parameter midi page.
gregverdino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK great, thanks, the exact info I was looking for. Maybe I don't know enough about what's working, why in Combi even -- or I suspect I would have already worked this out. Thx.

Soft Synths: Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Spark, Native Instruments FM8, Omnisphere 2, Roland Cloud

Studio: Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2, Presonus StudioOne 3, Macbook Pro, Akai MPK mini mkII, Nanopad 2

The Korgs that got away: Poly61, O1/W Pro, Triton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: