Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Syntronik...A new virtual synth by IK Multimedia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Syntronik Reply with quote

Sounds pretty damned decent to my ears I must say.

Hell people! quit sliding around on this sampling issue! Who cares! if it sounds good use it! and accept that modern technology will always get closer if never right across the river like analogue does in one sure stride!

I have used and still use a lot of the old analogue synths this software emulates and in terms of likeness all the synths on offer sound pretty damned close both to the respective analogues they are emulating to the general way the timbres are manipulated with sophisticated "analogue" behavioural characteristics.

The proof is in the field: i.e wether Syntronik timbres mix/blend similar to the way real analogue synths do in the mix within any given musical arrangement/composition. Certainly for me, listening to the demos, I would be surprised if this new software was not up to the task. One can not really judge a new V.A. instrument until it is used in a project- and most people would agree it has to "feel" right in actual use rather than just listening to demos that can only ever be viewed as robotic emulations. There's loads of software instruments out there that "copy" analogue: the real test is throwing the sounds into a working mix/project.

Amidst a few others, I've been using Waldorfs Largo for a number of years, both on stage and in the studio, for odd analogue emulations. I can hear from a pure timbre point of view this Syntronik is definitely more "alive" and authentic in its basic analogue emulation. The only area where it has yet to be revealed is in its envelopes. I own an Andromeda and the main reason I use it so much in my work is because of its extremely versatile envelopes, especially their ability to be put into "free run" where a mere tap of the keys sets the envelope through its complete cycle regardless of key-off. Largo does this too - in fact I have always tried to acquire synths that have this feature and am always astonished that in these modern times fee-running envelopes are rarely implemented both in hardware and software synths! Be great if Syntronik does have free run!… I will certainly download the demo to find out and put Syntronik to work soon!

Always be true to yourself
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agreed! I own the full version and been playing it all along. It is a VERY playable instrument indeed. It's not the type of synth that you could start building a sound from scratch as it uses round robin sampled Oscilllators but again if you're into that type of thing, you can always buy one of those synths and build your own patches from ground up. Good luck finding one.

For the price, they've done a pretty damn good job. I did download the demo for SampleTank years ago and wasn't all that impressed but this one I liked.

One shouldn't use personal musicianship issues to make a useless general comment about the sampling subject. You can give ALL those 17 analog instruments to an under-skilled so called musician and still you will be bored to death regardless.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case if you haven't downloaded the demo version just yet, here's a link to the Syntronik video manual/walkthrough (Part 1):

https://youtu.be/rIY9S8bLpRk

It turned into a 40 plus minutes video, so I divided it into 2 smaller parts.

Timeline/Breakdown: (Part 1)

0:36 General Product Info
2:27 User Interface Overview
3:42 The Instrument Browser
7:40 Synth Panel
16:46 Midi Learn

To be followed with Part 2 and also a separate audio demo overview video .

So far I'm really happy with it. It sounds good, and sounds/layers load real fast. It's missing 'After touch' but today I found out that is going to be added in the next update.

Another thing that I'd like to see is a global bypass/kill switch for Effects. There's 5 insert effects available per part. If you wanted to listen to the raw sound, you'd have to turn off the effects one by one manually. It'd be nice to have a full host automation option available as well.

Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to Syntronik video manual/walkthrough (Part 2):

https://youtu.be/jwBYI8j9f7M

Timeline:

0:27 The Effect Panel
2:53 The Arpeggiator Panel
16:32 The Layer Panel
21:12 Standalone Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: