Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mixer for Volca setup
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveKnights

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an old Boss BX800 - very noisy mixer Laughing

I actually use mini stereo to 2 x mono cables for my Beats and Bass so am using up 4 single channels at the moment. 6 when I get the Keys. I pan hard left/right for each of the 2 channels per Volca.

Does everyone use the cable mentioned above without issue for the Volcas?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O3F/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was a bit out off using them as am sure I read something about they short the signal to convert dual mono to mono and there is potential for damage to the units. Any truth in this? Am tempted to get some as it would free up channels on my mixer but dont want to damage my Volcas.
Cybearg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068O3F/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you get a lot of noise

use:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-3-5mm-Dual-1-4--Y-Cable-101172559-i1166742.gc?country=us&currency=usd&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKEAiAv7ajBRCIldS7rp7wzFkSJAAA1n4DIaAQ9D4xBH8rhDKaXt039GS2o_Mc9Hisrq28Oe9WUBoCYLHw_wcB&kwid=productads-plaid%5E87632428962-sku%5E101172559@ADL4GC-adType%5EPLA-device%5Ec-adid%5E44639487282

something to so with stereo going to mono.
Rooftree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first and only mixer for Volcas is launching this weekend at Knobcon. Eight input channels (6 mono, 2 stereo) with 3.5mm jacks, level and panning per channel, 2 aux sends/returns, main out and headphone out, and an onboard hub for powering up to 8 Volcas, powered by an external power supply, internal batteries, or external mega battery, all in a footprint identical to a Volca. Here are sneak peeks of the KVger Vixen mixer.

Sneak peek photos available at the KVgear FB page.

Pre-orders will be taken starting next week through a Kickstarter campaign.
jeftones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got no problem using my volcas with a regular mixer. They were not designed to need a special mixer for them to work just a little knowledge of audio signals and the proper cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: