Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laandodeman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update? Reply with quote

Is there a technical reason why SNG's cannot be autoloaded in the Kronos? It seems so simple, especially since the Kronos does have the possbiility for samples and samplebanks to autoload.

I once nearly went terribly wrong in a gig because I had forgotten to load the appropriate SNG file. It seems like just a small thing to do it manually, but when building up my keyboard rig for live performance, there's so many things you have to think about already.

If it is technically possible, why not taking it up in the next OS update?
media-igor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update? Reply with quote

I fully support! I had a similar mistake at the concert.
Akdmeh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree. So simple and so important function!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update? Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
Is there a technical reason why SNG's cannot be autoloaded in the Kronos? It seems so simple, especially since the Kronos does have the possbiility for samples and samplebanks to autoload.

If it is technically possible, why not taking it up in the next OS update?

I guess the workaround is to load the Songs as 1 file and add them to setlist ?

I like your suggestion and it should be discussed.

I believe auto load relies on RAM. Lets discuss our Songs. Many of my cover Songs include WAV files which range from 25 meg per channel. So 50 meg total for L/R. Some Songs have 2 or 3 separate WAV's.

WAVs are streamed from SSD. That works perfect.

If I am correct, and in my use of SEQ, we are now talking about possible over lap of the ' Song auto load". We have the full Song file loaded in RAM including the WAV files.

If you have a 10 Song set, and if each Song depends on a WAV file , potentially
half a gig ( 10 Songs x 50 meg) using up RAM.

If you do not use WAV files, or use them infrequently or will never use them in your Song/set list, there would seem to be little issue with your SONG autoload idea.

I am not sure I am accurate . our current 3 gig RAM might be a limitation but
I think the current streaming of samples from SSD allows us more flexibility.
laandodeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

If you do not use WAV files, or use them infrequently or will never use them in your Song/set list, there would seem to be little issue with your SONG autoload idea.

The main reason I use songs in my setlist is to trigger sequences during a song.

I also work with wavs and samples, but in combi's. So if there is a problem with loading capacity, the Kronos just says the sample memory is full. I guess this might work the same within the SEQ mode?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Autoload songs SNGs on wishlist for next OS update? Reply with quote

laandodeman wrote:
GregC wrote:

The main reason I use songs in my setlist is to trigger sequences during a song.

I also work with wavs and samples, but in combi's. So if there is a problem with loading capacity, the Kronos just says the sample memory is full. I guess this might work the same within the SEQ mode?

sure, the 'system ' governs usage in either mode.

I guess Combi mode is easier to work with than SEQ mode. It appears most gigging Kronos prefer combi mode.

I would guess, in SEQ mode, you would have to really lock down all the parts, when performing live. There are a few folks on the forum that gig in SEQ mode with yrs of experience.
tomto66

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too I want autoload for songs! I use seq mode for gigging, but only to trigger parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: