Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Before recording

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Before recording Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I am looking for some infos about the sequencer. Is it possible in the Kross to create empty templates, with all the tracks already prepared (instrument/volume level/pan/effects) and recall any of them before recording a song.

From what i have read, in addition to the tiny size of the screen it seems that going through the menus and sub-menus is not a fluent process in the Kross, so i would like to be sure that user templates are available before making my purchase.

ps: i am talking about the version 1 of the Kross.

Thanks
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

You can save a template song, all set up, and have it ready to go.

Alternatively, if you prefer, you can set up a combo and start recording from that directly - it will translate the combo into sequencer mode.

However, I would add: the menus on the Kross are a lot less dreadful than you seem to think. They actually work pretty well, once you're familiar with them. With some familiarity, you can quickly grab the menu listing and skim through it with the big wheel.

My take on it: if you remember that it is intended to be light and affordable, basic but competent, you will not be disappointed in your purchase. If you're looking for a bargain Kronos ... well, yeah. As a songwriter's tool, it's great. In my book the only plausible competition is the microarranger, or one or two of the options from Casio. Light, portable, battery powered, lots of sounds, quick to get something running and try your chords and melody for a song.
PhilC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!
Also the price has gone down since the Kross 2 is coming out, i am getting one at 440 euros/500 dollars, very much worth the investment with all the features it has.
I see there is a Facebook community which creates and shares sounds.
Hopefully someone has tweaked an electric piano that sounds like a Rhodes, which from all the youtube videos available, seems to be lacking in the Kross
Thanks Koekepan,
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilC wrote:

I see there is a Facebook community which creates and shares sounds.
Hopefully someone has tweaked an electric piano that sounds like a Rhodes, which from all the youtube videos available, seems to be lacking in the Kross
Thanks Koekepan,

If you're a Real Musician, looking for your next Big Gig Master Keyboard, you should look elsewhere. This isn't a replacement for anything by studiologic, and it doesn't have aftertouch. The word for the keyboard is "adequate". Not trying to put you off here, and people who want the Kross aren't usually in the market for something that will let them do crazy keyboard shredding. If you're looking for a genuine keyboard workstation, and you're not too fussed about pristine interface quality, it'll be one of your best purchases ever. At $500 it's a good deal.

I will also say that the Kross is a very good option for a MIDI master, sequencing a studio full of other gear. Plug it in, set up 16 channels of sonic goodness, and get wild. For $500 of compositional excellence, you're getting a great deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: