Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting Krome to Akai MPC Studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Connecting Krome to Akai MPC Studio Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with either my Korg Krome or my Akai MPC Studio software. This is my setup...

Korg Krome is connected to Akai MPC Studio black drum machine via MIDI cables.
Akai MPC Studio black is connected to Laptop via usb for powering it.
Korg Krome is also connected via usb to my laptop in order to transfer sounds from the keyboard to the mpc software.

My issue is that I downloaded the Korg Krome editor (which I assume is the VST for Korg Krome) and realized that it produces absolutely no sound when I select it in my program section in the akai mpc studio software. When i select the VST for the editor, i get a pop-up screen saying that the sounds from the Krome are being transferred to the mpc software. However, once the banks finish dumping, I can hear nothing once I press a key on the Krome keyboard. I looked up features of the Korg Krome editor and saw that this editor is not for producing sounds. If this is the case, then what other VST's are available for the Korg Krome? Or am I simply getting something wrong with certain settings in order to produce Sound through the mpc software? Everything is working properly. When I turn the wheel to select a sound on my Korg Krome, the sounds change accordingly on the mpc software as well. I cannot hear any sounds to record though. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
Very Happy
darriket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bud You don't mention which DAW you are using and I don't think you would need to have your krome plugged up to the lap top and the mpc studio.
darriket

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bud You don't mention which DAW you are using and I don't think you would need to have your krome plugged up to the lap top and the mpc studio.
Bud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Akai mpc studio is the name of the DAW. It is the software that comes with the mpc studio black drum machine
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Krome Editor is an editor for editing the Programs and Combis in the Krome. It doesn't create a Krome virtual instrument in the computer, nor are there any Krome VSTs out there that do so at the moment. When the VST popup announces the sounds for the Krome are being transferred, it means transfer of the data that defines the Programs and Combis i.e. the various settings for effects, timbre control, and suchlike. The sounds will come from the Krome hardware, so it will be necessary to route the Krome audio outs to an audio interface connected to the laptop (or the laptop's own audio in).

The mpc studio black is not itself a drum machine, rather it's a MIDI over USB controller whose pads can be used to trigger drum, and other sounds when using the MPC software.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: